Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Flying_john
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Ooooh nice picture - thankyou. Were you in the Cafe / Lounge and we didnt see you or do you have an automatic camera hiding somewhere that ccatches everyone ?
Flying_john wrote:Ooooh nice picture - thankyou. Were you in the Cafe / Lounge and we didnt see you or do you have an automatic camera hiding somewhere that ccatches everyone ?

No problem :) Not at the cafe that day, but I was hiding in the bushes :lol: I live right next to the airfield so when I heard you call up to depart I went to my usual spot for a picture when you taxi past.
By Harv
Goodwood is a nice venue to fly into and I've not been there recently since the cafe was improved but have a visit earmarked.

Personally the trouble I think most of us have is we are are broke so any price rises will be met with negativity. All of my flying is done on a total shoe string budget and people that I consider to be in "aviation business" don't seem to get that at all?? They simply shrug and say leave it alone, well sorry but damn hard work and sheer determination got me here and I intend to stay with it as best I can.

There are some good incentives around like a free landings with 50l or fuel uplift and or vouchers and I do seek out these offers.

I've never understood why Goodwood want to put off GA on their motorsport event days like FOS by hiking the price through the roof either?? It'd be better to ask GA to register for regular price landing slots and then decide on AC type if a slot is allocated or not and anyone flying inc pax should be able to buy a regular price day ticket on the door.

Just my observations
By Flying_john
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I don't think Light GA visitors are a key element in Goodwood's revenue stream. I think it is events that generate their income.

Neverthless - 5 Aircraft from Farthing Corner went today and some purchased fuel, all went to the Cafe and I suppose spent around £125 in total.

We were all pre 66 aircraft , and probably would have gone to N.Weald or Damyns or Old Warden to spend our lunch money if it had not been for the free landing - I suspect Goodwood policy makers must take this into account when making their plans for the aerodrome and the 10 or 20 visits we would normally make to Goodwood in a year are probably inconsequential to their balance sheet, so why would it worry them if we don't go next year or reduce our visits to once or maybe twice.
cirrostratus liked this