Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
hatzflyer wrote:Question, if I fly into any airfield with 3 passengers and I am the only one wearing a hi vis vest and one of my passengers wanders into a turning prop who is liable ?

Unfortunately you are responsible, in this particular instance as PIC you should have been taking care of your pax whilst wondering around the apron, if there was a handling agent looking after your flight they would be responsible, its called pointing the finger.
By Joe Dell
PeteSpencer wrote:Is chucking on a Hi Vis vest really that big a deal? :roll:

Yes. For me and many like me.

My wife and I have been regular visitors to North Coates for years. Sadly it looks like I've had my last fly-in there.
I can hardly conform to their silly rule and continue to levy an Air Ambulance contribution at my own airfield on anyone who dares turn up wearing a yellow sheep jacket.
Last edited by Joe Dell on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I sympathise with the organisers for implementing this , to cover their Backsides , but from experience , I'm afraid it will inevitably reduce the amount of visitors , unless of course nobody looks at the Website ??. :wink: :thumright:
By PeteSpencer
Joe Dell wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:Is chucking on a Hi Vis vest really that big a deal? :roll:

Yes. For me and many like me.

My wife and I have been regular visitors to North Coates for years. Sadly it looks like I've had my last fly-in there.
I can hardly conform to their silly rule and continue to levy an Air Ambulance contribution at my own airfield on anyone who dares turn up wearing a yellow sheep jacket.

Pathetic. :roll:
I honestly think this is a load of rubbish. North Coates is a lovely friendly wee airfield. No one is going to shoot you if you turn up without hiviz. Personally I dislike hiviz but I carry a jacket in the aeroplane just in case. Its been there unused for three years. Little airfields like North Coates deserve our custom because they are run by pilots for pilots. They do very nice burgers and local sausages. One of their summer flyins this year was one of the friendliest I have ever attended. Don't write them off because of hiviz.
A le Ron liked this
By cockney steve
City Airport ,Manchester, AKA, minus the delusions of grandeur,as Barton aerodrome,- has a pragmatic solution.
There are large prominent notices, proclaiming "High vis clothing is mandatory, airside"
-or words to that effect. About 1 in 10 people comply and i did not see any jobsworth enforcing it.. Well done, Peel Holdings. :D