Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Best to talk to the training organisations you have in mind. See what they say but I wouldn't think there is any insuperable obstacle. It might take a bit longer.

I considered doing the NPPL SLMG to SSEA differences training on a tailwheel AC at White Waltham but then I'd have to do tricycle UC differences. They seemed perfectly amenable but in the end we decided to do the SSEA on a PA28 because I was then going to be training to do glider towing on a Robin. Did the tailwheel differences later so I can fly the Pawnee as well. Difficult to use the Pawnee for training.
We would be delighted to upgrade your NPPL(m) to LAPL and add tailwheel at the same time. We are BritishAerobaticAcademy.com operating out of Conington. We fly Extra aircraft for aerobatics and Cessna 140 (1946) for tailwheel. We also have a 160hp Grob and a fantastically equipped Cardinal RG.
Contact me on Adrian.Willis@BritishAerobaticAcademy.com or 07712864413 but remember you need to hurry to best the April 8th deadline :D
Maxthelion liked this
Hi Jaygee
The cost was about £1k. I think I bought a five hour package, and then did pay as you go for the last bit. It was a few years ago so I'm not totally certain what the precise figure was. I can tell you that I did my NFT and GFT on the same flight and the application was rejected because they needed to be on seperate flights. WW recognised their part in this cockup and gallantly gave me the GFT flight either for free or for next to nothing.

The flying itself consisted of an hour of general handling, three hours getting to grips with the tailwheel bit, and the remainder was instrument flight appreciation in a Warrior.
Also, I can reccommend Adrian Willis. Although I haven't flown with him, I've encountered him at aerobatic competitions and he's a charming man. His instruction must be effective too, as his aerobatic students were formidable opponents at Sports level aeros competition. One of them even won the Nationals with less than 100 hours total time, which surely speaks volumes about his coaching.