Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By pullup
hatzflyer wrote:
pullup wrote:
hatzflyer wrote:Next was one hundred and seven aircraft owned.
:(

In how long? Say 30 years?
That’s one bought, or sold, every 7weeks. Unless you still own them all....
Are you a dealer?

Not sure about your figures.. 40 yrs @ 52 weeks =2080 weeks according to my calculator . 2080divided by 107 =19.4 weeks .

Ok,over 40 years then, that’s buying OR selling one every 9 weeks or so....unless, as I said, you’ve kept the lot!
By Sooty25
Genghis the Engineer wrote:Not sure 107 is an obvious round number, but it's about 10 times the number of aeroplanes I've had an interest in, and you have nearly double my types in the logbook Hatz, so I'm certainly impressed.

If you ever feel like a project - Eric Brown's "Wings of the Luftwaffe" has never really had an equivalent in GA, and I'd love to read a detailed treatise on the handling characteristics of all of the oddball, interesting, and maybe even mainstream aeroplanes you've owned and flown. Sadly, I doubt it would ever be a commercial success, but done well, either on a website or say PODd on Lulu, would certainly earn you the respect and appreciation of a lot of the brighter people in GA.

G

Don't underestimate the appeal of a book. Look at the book signings the do at Duxford, I recall watching quite amazed at the crowd arounda SR71 pilot who'd flown over to do a signing. My brother has a collection of signed books including all the cold war jet ones Buccaneer Boys, etc.

I knew the authors of a sailing book called "sell up and sail", but it has been selling for decades and rev 5 is still selling. Didn't make them rich but every so often they got a cheque turn up from the publishers.

Okay, it may never be a Harry Potter, but if hatz has a book in him, write it.

hatzflyer wrote:What was best or worst? no such thing...all had their ups and downs ( forgive the pun).I enjoyed them all at the time that I had them.
Longest ownership by a huge margin is the RV4 , That must say something but turning up at a Fly In in Belgium in a Percival Prentice in military colours 5 up and taxying in with a 4 ft square union jack hoisted out of the "chip fryer" rear window and a load speaker blearing dambusters out of the same window had it's moments! :D

And yes they were ( are) my own just for my own use.

That's two chapters!
By thejodelflyer
hatzflyer wrote:This last year or so I have reached a few flying milestones.
First one was ten thousand flights as P1.
Next was one hundred and seven aircraft owned.
As of yesterday flown two hundred types.

A lot of people that know me think they are impressive figures and I guess I am proud to achieve them however the down side is that in achieving these I am getting bl**dy old ! :(

Well done!
Link to my video about collecting John from Clacton having flown his 200th type:
Lockhaven, Bobcro liked this
By hatzflyer
Tim and I often get called " Last of the summer wine flying club " .
A small error in his title , 'TAG was my first group A aircraft and I bought it from him but I had been flying microlights prior to buying the Jodel.
( just to set the record straight ) :D
By Mariogladski
I’m bored and going to go from memory.. so won’t get them all...but remember having flown in or him working on - The most micro lights were before I was born..but I remember a few:

Mainair Flash 2 ( prototype)
Striker (2seat)
Tiger cub
Pathfinder
Raven
Shadow ( 2 of)
Kit fox mk 2 ( 2 of)
Kitfox mk 1 (owned for 48hours)
Avid flyer ( 2 of)
Jodel 1050 (2 of)
Jodel 1051
Jodel 150 ( 2 of)
Jodel D9 (2 of)
Jodel 120
Jodel 119
Emeraude
Monet Soneri (2 of)
Monet Moni
Auster Mk 5
Auster J5f
Auster J5w
Auster Terrier
Auster Autocar
Taylor titch
Luton Minor (3 of)
Mong sport
Cessna 150( 2 of)
Cessna Aerobat
Citabria
Rallye ( 2 of)
VP2
VP1
Garden Minicab
Tipsy Nipper
Jerker Shirroco
Stolp Starduster
Percival prentice
Hyper bipe
Pa28
Volmer Sportman
Cavalier
Gruman Traveler
Woody pusher
Beech Musketeer
Thorp T-18
Rv4 ( 2 of)
Wassmer WA52
KR1?
Hats flyer
Chipmunk ( very briefly?)
Need to go to the photos now..
Bobcro liked this
By hatzflyer
I thought you had missed one of mine and yours favourites, then I realised you'd put it down as Hats Flyer'
It is a" Hatz Biplane ".
I would like another one if I ever got the chance, It was like an open cockpit biplane Supercub.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Is it just me or is the constant badgering for hatz to give chapter and verse of all his 107 aircraft a little unsettling?

Sounds like some unbelievers in the camp.................. :wink:

Peter
By ChampChump
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
If one request is badgering, guilty as charged, but I'm just curious to see the full spread. Hatz knows me well enough to know that, I hope.