Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Chris Preson
Apologies in advance - this is probably and faq but....

Anyone know of a good source of life insurance for ppls (ie one that doesnt exclude death by ga accident)?

I tried Virgin Money but they exclude any GA accidents (at least with my hours they did)

Thanks

Chris
By buzzc152
Traffords Ltd are a popular choice for a 12 months policy (£120 I think). THough they're expensive for a two week trip to Floida (£70)
By Rob Pritchard
Are we talking travel insurance including life, or just basic everyday life insurance?

Rob P
By Chris Preson
I was asking about basic Life Insurance - something to cover my dependants in the unlikely event.....
By john
don't you have a company pension scheme that covers you?
By pfb
Maybe I've missed something but when I took up flying a few years ago my insurers (a common non-aviation house-hold company who I won't bother to advertise - E-Mail me Chris if you want details) checked and said I was covered as the relatively small number of hours clocked up each year by a typical PPL did not increase me as a risk (luckily they never saw my cross-wind landings). CPL etc was definitely not covered.
By Chris Preson
Im a freelance IT consultant so no unfortunately!
By Chris Preson
I will probably be taking the CPL (or at least the Instructor) route in the medium term, so i am going to need that cover.....but in the meantime I would certainly be interested in the company you had in mind....
By norman
Do make sure you tell them about your PPL. If you do not they could declare the insurance void.