Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By ScottC
Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone could clarify what Bose class as 'Hygiene Parts' on their headsets? From what i've found online I believe it to be the ear seals, microphone foam and headband.

The reason I ask is that I sent my Aviation X away for repair (mentioning no names) and got it back this week. Repair has been done and i'm happy with that however, when I was sent the quote after it was delivered to them, they said the hygiene parts would need to be replaced as they were worn (even though I ticked not to replace them on the form I sent as they aren't excessively worn).

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I agreed to have them replaced and paid in full for them and the repair. However, after picking the headset up from work this morning, it is clear the hygiene parts have not been replaced. The bit of wear/fade that was showing on one of the ear seals is still there, the headband has a bit of glue on where I re-stuck the material to the velco and the mic foam is a bit faded, so there is no chance these could have been replaced.

So, just want to confirm what exactly the 'hygiene parts' are before someone checks their inbox on Monday morning and sees a rather miffed email from me.

Cheers.
By Ridders
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I can not tell you what parts this company deems ‘hygiene parts’ but I can tell you what Bose replaced on our headsets at sun n fun, at the Bose tent.

The windshield on the microphone, the headband and ear cushions were replaced on both the Bose X and the A20. I suspect these may be considered hygiene parts by someone...

In addition they replaced the control module on my A20 as there was an updated release and an upper cable on the Bose X as it was worn.

They did not charge anything for this.
By SteveC
The hygiene parts are as you have listed, Head band, ear seals and microphone cover. They were all replaced at my recent service with Bose and listed on the invoice (as FOC).