Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Paultheparaglider
matspart3 wrote:Utter bolleaux! Nanny state nonsense. It used to be called 'autumn' FFS!

But that doesn't follow the alphabetical progression thing. Bolleaux would, of course, be OK, but utter bolleaux would mean we have had far more storms than usual, and might then set off a pointless global warming debate. :wink:

Paul the pedant.
Chris Martyr, Dave W, matspart3 and 1 others liked this
By Waveflyer
matspart3 wrote:Utter bolleaux! Nanny state nonsense. It used to be called 'autumn' FFS!

Beaujolais, several glasses by the looks of things :drunken: :cheers:
dont overfill, G-BLEW liked this
By Chris Martyr
What's happened at the Met. Office ? Have they all gone soft in the head or something ?
It's not Storm Bollox . It's storm bo||ocks .
Kind of reverts back to another post on 'Non-Av' about nouning verbs.

Bring back Bert Foorde I say !
By Charliesixtysix
Paultheparaglider wrote:

But that doesn't follow the alphabetical progression thing. Bolleaux would, of course, be OK, but utter bolleaux would mean we have had far more storms than usual, and might then set off a pointless global warming debate. :wink:

Paul the pedant.

I am sure somebody could come up with a nice simple way too to overcome character congestion and fit three times the number of storms into the allocated alphabet spectrum..... :wink:
By lobstaboy
The met office website this morning is taking pains to stress that Brian was not named by them, but is down to the Irish met office Met Eirann.
So, yup, it definitely feels like the Irish are taking the pi55, and quite right too.
By kanga
lobstaboy wrote:..Brian was not named by them, but is down to the Irish met office Met Eirann....

[ Met Éireann ]

.. I confess to being reminded of the snail on Magic Roundabout, once gently rebuked by Ermintrude (IIRC) with the address 'amiable mollusc, ..' :)
By Paultheparaglider
Just curious if any of the mods are reading, but I didn't start this off as a separate thread, and would be interested to know how this happened.