Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By cockney steve
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
What a truly awful, clunky, non-intuitive website...A shining example of how NOT to do it...the people who think dark blue on black is a trendy, high -contrast format, are only equalled in their stupidity by the ones who consider light yellow on white is a good idea.
karlbown, flyingeeza, flybymike and 1 others liked this
By Rob L
chevvron wrote:https://ex-mod-aircraft.com/

Politely (I know chevvron is of tender years) it would nice to re-title the thread as "ex-MOD C130 for sale" , or similar.

I'd love to buy a Hercules; I've flown in one in my dim-and-distant past, when I stayed near Clyffe Pypard. I'm unlikely to find the finances to fulfill purchasing one, however!

Rob
By chevvron
Rob L wrote:
chevvron wrote:https://ex-mod-aircraft.com/

Politely (I know chevvron is of tender years) it would nice to re-title the thread as "ex-MOD C130 for sale" , or similar.

I'd love to buy a Hercules; I've flown in one in my dim-and-distant past, when I stayed near Clyffe Pypard. I'm unlikely to find the finances to fulfill purchasing one, however!

Rob

You could always buy the Wessex instead. :twisted:
By Waveflyer
Rob L wrote:I'm unlikely to find the finances to fulfill purchasing one, however!
Rob

Sounds like the group would work for you :D
Might even be on a permit.
Rob L liked this
By Rob L
chevvron wrote:You could always buy the Wessex instead. :twisted:

I think the first helicopter I abseiled from was a Wessex, but I'm not sure. I would have been of age 13 to 15 or thereabouts in the Air Cadets, many years ago, so would have been Benson or Gutersloh or Wildenrath or Brawdy or Brize. Definitely not South Cerney, because that's where I did my first solo; very memorable.

All those days remembered well <sigh>...such a pity that modern Cadets get so little in return for the same enthusiasm.
By chevvron
Rob L wrote:
I think the first helicopter I abseiled from was a Wessex, but I'm not sure. I would have been of age 13 to 15 or thereabouts in the Air Cadets, many years ago, so would have been Benson or Gutersloh or Wildenrath or Brawdy or Brize. Definitely not South Cerney, because that's where I did my first solo; very memorable.

All those days remembered well <sigh>...such a pity that modern Cadets get so little in return for the same enthusiasm.

I agree about the cadets. Way back in the '90s, the CO of 2409 (Halton Sqdn) had the idea of offering AEF in microlights, but that's another story.
As for the Wessex, I spent an hour with OC Flying Farnborough in one once while he taught me to hover, lift off, touch down, transition to forward flight etc. but that's yet another story.
By chevvron
UV wrote:So when are the Grob 109B's available?

From info on Pprune they're not. Some are to be returned to use with a differently structured Air Cadet Gliding setup and the remainder willl be GIVEN back to the manufacturers for them to re-sell to (so I'm told) Finland.
By User72
chevvron wrote:
UV wrote:So when are the Grob 109B's available?

From info on Pprune they're not. Some are to be returned to use with a differently structured Air Cadet Gliding setup and the remainder willl be GIVEN back to the manufacturers for them to re-sell to (so I'm told) Finland.

Thread drift! Sold to Sweden I believe, the Finns have bought some Tutors.