Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Spooky
I’d have thought only the pilot with ultimate control could log the hours? I’ve flown quite a few different aircraft with friends however I didn’t log the hours as if anything went wrong (engine failure, bad weather etc), they’d be taking control for the landing.
By T67M
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
kanga wrote:I also recall suggestions from when the USAF were blaming Firefly accidents on shortcomings with the aircraft, which led to the decision under Congressional pressure to crush all their examples, that one iussue was that senior pilots from the recently retired C141 fleet were being assigned to SEP instructor roles without relevant recent experience nor training.

I have since been told that they also didn't have the AFM/POH, nor an accurate weight and balance schedule. Recent calculations suggest that most of the flights they made were at or behind the aft CofG limit - but because the aircraft were all destroyed, this is of course totally unprovable ☹️
kanga liked this
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
flybymike wrote:Under what circumstances might they have been loaded behind the aft CofG limit?

From similar tales I have heard, because the individual aeroplanes hadn't been weighed, and a single set of standard empty W&CG data were in use across the fleet.

G