Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Oh jeez, I hadn't even thought of the Cub, I don't know why as I helped refit the fuel tank this year! 2 out of the 3 aircraft I'm likely to fly in the near future have fuel tanks directly above P2 legs.

And thinking about it, the selector valve for the wing tanks in the 3rd is directly below the LH seat!

I probably am thinking a bit too much.

As a side note, if anyone wants a Nomex flying boot that probably wouldn't look too out of place climbing out of something a bit vintage, try these http://www.rallynuts.com/racing-boots/omp-carrera-race-boots-light-tan.html
RichardPearse liked this
Does anyone have any recommendations for places to buy such extinguishers?

Also on the subject of boots, yes there appear to be quite a few options at very reasonable prices if you look for leather work boots on Amazon and the like. And they don't make you look like a Walt unlike some of the "flying boots" that are available.

I was about to update my flying kit with the start of the cold weather, so this discussion has come at a good time :thumleft:
cockney steve wrote:Why would you want Nomex boots?- leather workboots are freely available for a vast amount less than £200. (you gets steel toecaps to kick your way out, as a bonus.)

Halon, the posh name for BCF :wink:

Rig boots might be right for driving a PA28 in, but for those of us flying something a little more delicate that requires a slim profile and the ability to feel to steer rather than "kicking it about"......!
Sooty25 wrote:
cockney steve wrote:Why would you want Nomex boots?- leather workboots are freely available for a vast amount less than £200. (you gets steel toecaps to kick your way out, as a bonus.)

Halon, the posh name for BCF :wink:

Rig boots might be right for driving a PA28 in, but for those of us flying something a little more delicate that requires a slim profile and the ability to feel to steer rather than "kicking it about"......!

I sometimes fly in light hiking boots in chilly/muddy weather. I fly something more delicate than a PA28 but I haven't really noticed a problem. Admittedly it doesn't have toe brakes or any of that fancy gubbins, and it's entirely possible that I misuse my feet :wink: (ball? What ball?)

There must be something out there that's not too pricey but also doesn't look like you've a 20lb lump attached to the end of the leg. CAT do quite a lot of lightweight boots for example. The search continues...
[quote="Genghis the Engineer"]RAF issue boots can occasionally be found surplus and are great - good length, leather, supple enough to heel-and-toe pedals well.

Here you go , I use these , and I find them very comfortable and with a good feel back through the pedals ,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Air-For ... SwKoRZYj2R

there are newer types on there but they seem to have a thicker sole , ???