Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
neaton wrote:I stopped even considering them the day I found out that the Captain doesn't decide the fuel load, that's set by head office and the Captain has to justify any deviation from their decision. :shock:

That’s unfortunately a bit of a distortion. Like any airline, the company produces a flight plan with the minimum required fuel as per their Ops Manual. The final decision on fuel as everywhere rests with the captain. All that was required was to stick a line on the voyage report as to why you’d taken the fuel eg “extra fuel due fog/cbs/ATC holding expected &c”

I fully support my former colleagues in pushing for a well-deserved improvement in treatment and employment conditions.
I've flown with them multiple times back and forward to Ireland mostly but further afield also.
Both our most recent trips were for 5 of us return to Ireland for under £80 total. So it works as a cheap means of transport for the consumer though I'm fully expecting to be asked to fly the thing at some stage!