Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I think most of us would have reported the items suggested to somebody, but a good move to be seen to be doing something positive.

Suggestion for greater motivation.

Report a smuggler (People, drugs, arms, sleeping bags)
You win the confiscated aircraft

Rob P
johnm, Iceman, Ltjcanty liked this
We should take this seriously and congratulate the "new" Project Pegasus exercise. We should also thank the CAA and Border Force for their RampChecks recently carried out at West London airfields.

The alternatives, if some politicians got their way, would be draconian for flying abroad.

The onus in now on us to clean up our act.

As the poster quite clearly states this follows the recent jailing of a person in relation to people trafficking...one of our own

Thanks again, Jetblu.
Dave W, Ridders, will c and 1 others liked this
pullup wrote:We should take this seriously and congratulate the "new" Project Pegasus exercise. We should also thank the CAA and Border Force for their RampChecks recently carried out at West London airfields.

The alternatives, if some politicians got their way, would be draconian for flying abroad.

The onus in now on us to clean up our act.

As the poster quite clearly states this follows the recent jailing of a person in relation to people trafficking...one of our own

Thanks again, Jetblu.

If you are doing "our act " properly there shouldn't be anything to clean up !
On the other side of the coin if BF turn up six hrs early and spend the day sitting in their cars on an airfield ( as has happened to us recently ) before our allotted arrival time and then a further hour and a half hassling two of us in a two seat aircraft whilst another half dozen overloaded boats arrive less than 30 miles away, maybe they are the ones that need to clean up THEIR act !

As I pointed out to them they would be better employed befriending us as their eyes as we coast in than making a jumped up bloody nuisance of themselves and clearly demonstrating to us that they know sod all about light aircraft in general and haven't got a clue that you can't get six people in a RV4 or for that matter parachute out of one !
gasman, flybymike, Thumper liked this
I'm absolutely in favour of Project Pegasus. I really don't want my hobby and freedoms curtailed or restricted because people are exploiting the system.

A greater Police / Border Force presence at airports can only be a good thing.

I was stopped by six Border Force officers and a very clever sniffer dog when returning from Cannes a couple of weeks ago via Guernsey.

They were polite, professional and friendly. The four legged officer was super clever he can sniff drugs, cash and who knows what else!

They asked a few questions, and we weren't delayed more than 10mins in total.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I too think that an initiative to engage with GA can only be a good thing.

Alexw82 wrote:I was stopped by six Border Force officers and a very clever sniffer dog when returning from Cannes a couple of weeks ago via Guernsey.

However I have to say that 6 guys and a very clever doggie might, as Hatz says, be better employed elsewhere as opposed to pitching up to your little Cessna inbound from Guernsey, which is after all part of the UK...

Regards, SD..
gasman liked this