Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
Over the years I have given some people flights in the RVs and promised flights to others which have not been redeemed - including the memorable day when I turned up at Old Buckenham without any keys.

Friday I am thinking of flying into Duxford. There's a big show on at the weekend and there are generally some rehearsals the day before.

Old Buck about 9am, back at some random time in the afternoon. Not Wingly, but I wouldn't turn down some horribly overpriced food.

Any takers? First come first served. Subject to suitable weather and other random events, but the keys are already in the car. Thread will then disappear

Rob P
By Charliesixtysix
Not looking for a lift but I'll hopefully see you at Duxford during the day.

The plan is for me to give Charlie a ride to Goodwood to recover the Fury back to Duxford. If the Fury is behaving (and he has enough fuel left after the one hour+ transit), you should see his practice display when we arrive sometime around lunchtime.
Rob P, mick w liked this
By Matth1542
Followed the link you put on my post here. Sadly i am at work all day friday otherwise I would have jumped at the chance to join you!
If you ever have another opportunity to offer I will happily get you some overpriced food :)
By Rob P
It's a deal.

I tend not to fly at weekends as that is the only time I get to see the lovely and very patient Mrs P. But if I have a pass out any time I'll drop you a PM.

Rob P
By Rob P
Indeed. I might be reduced to bringing hard-boiled egg sarnies.

Rob P
By Charliesixtysix
Good job you are flying solo then!

Our schedule has moved back about three hours due to the RAF needing Charlie for the Dawn Patrol tomorrow - it is looking unlikely that we shall leave here before midday now, so not due at Duxford before 1500 earliest. Even that is an optimistic estimate and assumes we can fuel the Fury immediately when we land and the unlikely event that she has held enough of her breath over the last couple of weeks for the ( air) starter to wheeze the Kestrel over a few compressions....starting handles ( yes, plural) volunteers anyone?
By Rob P
Happy to help.

Gareth, who you met, has rearranged his diary and will be in the RH seat inbound, and probably fly P1 on the homeward leg.

Rob P
By Charliesixtysix
Sorry I missed you today - I think I heard you leaving as we arrived.
As expected, we were late in due to a combination of faff fuelling and finding only 80psi in the air tanks.... I appear to have today joined the select band who can claim to have hand cranked a RR Kestrel! :shock:
mick w, Rob P liked this
By Rob P
It was a most excellent day. Once the mist burned off it was perfect flying weather. OB to Duxford is a straight line and arriving early Alan gave us a straight - in.

We spent some time sitting in the Catalina watching the rehearsals and flew home in perfect weather again.

Doombar and pasties at the Ox & Plough. What's not to like?

Rob P
Charliesixtysix, Dave W liked this
By Rob P
Noted

Rob P