Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Ive heard that flying into Le Bourget isnt exactly a cheap exercise!!
Landing, Parking & Handling? May I ask how much that set you back?

Regards, SD..
By skydriller
welkyboy wrote:Read the article, think they drove there!

Ahhh... :oops:

But then what with this being the FLYER forum and the General Aviation section, one kinda automatically thought.... well, they flew there?? :roll:

Regards, SD..
Last edited by skydriller on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob P liked this
By jasoncuk
Le Bourget is one of those airports where if you have to ask, you can’t afford it..
By CloudHound
OK so they drove. But better that than a, light-a/c-crash-near-Paris thread!

They do seem to get about a bit judging from their trip reports, so I'll forgive them............

........this once :D
By XX
There used to be a ladies' fly-in, annually in March. Short days and generally inclement weather meant I never gave it a go. Plus they wouldn't let you fly to Le Bourget direct. You had to land at one of the Paris outskirts' airfields first, and then route from there. For me, the hassle and cost of over-nighting outweighed the need to get it in the logbook.

I also once tried to get there IFR with another girlfriend, who was flying a Saratoga. Despite receiving and confirming the arrangements, when we arrived at the first reporting point they denied all knowledge, and we spent an unpleasant half hour circling over Paris at 1500 feet while we argued our case. We lost, and grumpily diverted. The temptation to declare an emergency was strong!
By Sir Morley Steven
I am in Paris as I write having a fabulous break from work on a flying week in CW! We settled on St Cyr L'ecole near the palace of Versailles. Well, so close you are over the lake on base. They have parallel runways and today I was cleared for 29L with another on 29R. Just like LAX! :D
St Cyr is a very busy grass airfield with a plethora of flying schools. The landing and parking is flumpence for the week, the flying school (Alcyon) we palled up with is friendly and helpful and the Portuguese restaurant is very busy and good value. If I was a Parisian I would base myself here. St Cyr is just north of Toussus Le Noble.
Lots of fr seulement going on this week, my main advice is that nobody will ask you stuff. It is just to give into fo the other pilots who have, to date, been very friendly and forgiving of my schyte French accent.
Follow my holiday on Blackbushe Aviation's Facebook page with pics etc. Back on Saturday.