Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By G-JWTP
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hi all,

Quick bit of help if possible,

Does anyone know the pin to pin connections between a Flightcom 403mc intercom and the new Trig TY91 8.33 radio?

I don't really want to rewire the whole intercom and radio system if there is a shorter way of doing it, and the manuals are a bit vague when connecting to a third party device.

I know I could ask Trig but I thought someone here may have done it already.

Thanks,

G-JWTP. :thumleft:
By Maxthelion
Sorry if this is pointing out the obvious, but have you considered doing away with the seperate intercom and using the one built into the Trig? Or is the Trig one only a two-place intercom and you need a four?
By G-JWTP
Hi MtL,

Doing away with the existing intercom means rewiring about 30 different connections plus a hole in the panel where it used to fit.

Just connecting the Trig to it, may only need 3 connections.

G-JWTP.
By riverrock
Quick glance at a manual and installation of a different intercom:
http://www2.soneticscorp.com/flightcom- ... ser-manual
https://www.sigtronics.com/_pdf/air_pdf ... 1_Inst.pdf

Trig pin 11 (headphone) to Flight Comm 21
Trig pin 23 (mic) to Flight com pin 16 and 17
Trig pin 15 (PTT) to Flight com pin 8
Both connected to the same ground (Trig ground and Flight Com pin 1)

However if you've got 30 different connections, you probably have a separate audio panel, so will likely to be wired via that?
By G-JWTP
Sorry,

30 connections a bit of an exaggeration!

There's no mixer panel but all the connections go through the structure , Europa, and emerge through a multi pin connector at the rear of the panel .

There are currently only 3 connections to the perfectly good and usable Narco, but we won't go into that!

I was looking at just trying to make it a bit easier to connect.

G-JWTP
By Charliesixtysix
Lead time for my harness was six weeks, not six months but that was back in January.

To OP:
Out of interest, we did exactly what you are looking to do ( and for the same reasons) - all has worked perfectly for nine months and 100 hours flying since.
If you drop me an email or PM I will dig out the fag packet with the wiring connection sketches for you.
riverrock, G-JWTP liked this
By G-JWTP
Hi Charliesixtysix,

If you could email it to me at

richardwprice(AT)btconnect.com

Many thanks,

G-JWTP