Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Geraint Pinches
My Alsatian, Tara, went on loads of flights, including to Alderney, Guernsey, Colonsay and Mull and Ireland. Most flights were around the 2 to 2.5 hours mark.

Being quite a large dog, she went in the baggage hold part of the Arrow. She'd jump in through the baggage hatch and I had a squishy dog bed for her to lie on. She wasn't always too happy about the noise ( I tried Mutt Muffs, but she seldom kept them on for more than 20 seconds) but overall seemed fairly happy and seemed to disappear from view by lying down and going to sleep for at least half of each flight, only sitting up when we were coming in to land and she felt the flaps and gear come down.

She went to Doggy Heaven aged almost 13 in March. I miss her. :cry:
yappmeister, GolfHotel, mick w and 2 others liked this
By Neil MacG
My Jack Russell X has been up with me twice. She is fitted in a car seatbelt harness which I attach to the aircraft seat belt on the right hand side.

On the first occasion I was on my own with her and it was actually a fairly horrible flight, the turbulence was much worse than I expected and she clearly didn't enjoy it.

On 2nd occasion my wife joined me (that's a rare event in itself!) and things were somewhat more comfortable for my dog who was fairly settled, but judging by her ear position she probably was still not happy.

ImageSAM_6926 by Neil, on Flickr

I suspect as mentioned earlier that she does not like the noise, but I'm not sure Mutt Muffs will fit her because she is so small (about 4.5Kg)