Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By chevvron
#1662722
kanga wrote:
Idr15 wrote:.. Boscombe Down has already got a couple of 120TPs....


'Prefect', another revived formerly Avro name:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_626

just for completeness, there was also (and also in RAF service):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slingsby_Prefect </geek :oops: >

Used to love flying the Slngsby Prefect at Halton.
The day I got checked out for it, I told my dad when he came to pick me up (I was only just 17 and hadn't got a driving licence yet) I'd 'flown the single seater' that day and he said 'what, on your own?'.
cockney steve, gaznav, Lockhaven and 1 others liked this
By Highland Park
#1662758
Flt Lt Charlie Brown, historic aircraft display pilot of this parish is playing a significant role in the introduction of the Prefect into RAF service, according to an article in the latest issue of Aeroplane Monthly...

Ian
By sky_high30
#1663155
Thing is - whilst I have never (nor am likely to be able to be able to) flown a G120 Prefect, however i'm not sure people will ever say "It's nice but it's not a Tutor".

Tutor - ground zero in terms of mediocrity.
gaznav liked this
User avatar
By gaznav
#1663183
sky_high30 wrote:Thing is - whilst I have never (nor am likely to be able to be able to) flown a G120 Prefect, however i'm not sure people will ever say "It's nice but it's not a Tutor".

Tutor - ground zero in terms of mediocrity.


If you’re over 185cm and a certain body shape then you will be flying the Tutor for a bit longer yet!

Also, having flown the Dog and Herr Grob’s effort, then I would prefer the Chippy first, then the Tutor and then the Dog. In fact the T67M was always my fave to replace the Dog, but that’s another matter, so don’t be too hasty in terms of mediocrity :thumright:
User avatar
By T67M
#1663190
gaznav wrote:In fact the T67M was always my fave to replace the Dog, but that’s another matter, so don’t be too hasty in terms of mediocrity :thumright:

I'm biased...! :wink:
gaznav liked this
By chevvron
#1663194
gaznav wrote:
Also, having flown the Dog and Herr Grob’s effort, then I would prefer the Chippy first, then the Tutor and then the Dog. In fact the T67M was always my fave to replace the Dog, but that’s another matter, so don’t be too hasty in terms of mediocrity :thumright:

I preferred the Piston Provost over the Chippy, probably because I flew in one before flying the Chippy.
I agree the T67M should have replaced the 'Dog; the yanks selected it but found a reason to get it withdrawn.
gaznav liked this