Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Although I was on pretty safe ground when applying for my Cert of Lawful Development, I employed the services of a planning consultant which I feel was money well spent.

Before I did this I thoroughly researched the background of the consultants I'd shortlisted and looked for those who had had good results with the Planners I would be dealing with and for good measure had they ever been employed by the District Council concerned.

I do believe there is an "old boys network" operating within the "planning" community and well worth tapping into, even if it's a tad expensive.

I see it as a sort of legitimate "brown envelope" way of smoothing the path to success.
Trent. Your 2 acres would easily break down into around 10 or 12 plots. No need to sell up to travellers just invite them to stay. Could be there for a couple of years if you play the game right. Don't worry about criminal activities, they seldom Carp on their own doorstep. A decade of managing local authority sites and enforcing against illegal encampments gave me a great incite into all things traveller related.
Only slightly on-topic but our local paper is reporting that the town council here is considering a fast track system by which the big developers can pay the council to select which planning officer looks at their application. I’ve always felt that the CAA pay more for quicker service felt like third world bribery but this if implemented would be very simply corrupt. According to our paper, other authorities already do this.
By r_w_walker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Had a meeting with a legal team today,

They do not think a Judicial Review would be successful; the evidence on bird activity and response to aircraft is insufficient. There is no legal basis for a challenge.

If a Judicial Review was successful the case would go back to a different planning inspector who may or may not arrive at a different decision, so could be no better off.

They also cannot challenge the Article 4 directive on any legal grounds so the airstrip will close in April.

They recommend finding a new planning consultant with experience of airfield planning issues.
Commission a new bird survey over a longer period of time and greater area.
Submit a fifth application with lower movement numbers.

A comprehensive bird study will be expensive.
I can fund a fifth planning application but not the bird survey.

I will be looking for estimates for the bird survey, might need to crowd fund that.
I know you mentioned Stow Maries on the first page of the thread. This programme, the first episode of which I caught this weekend, is virtually a two hour commercial for airfields as a bird conservation area.

http://www.channel5.com/show/the-secret-life-of-owls/

Rob P
Lets try not to drift too much chaps, we have battles and wars to win. Remember Jodelgate? The other David and Goliath fight?

Anyway @r_w_walker have you yet established exactly on what legal basis you last appeal was turned down? This is important as if there is no legal basis for it you may be able to get this planning officer removed from your case with only the threat of a Judicial Review. You need this one removed or you need to prove bias.

Your write up of the legal meeting suggests they didn't want the case to me, rather than it wasn't winable.