Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By irishc180
Probably unfair to the owners of the aircraft on that previously mentioned hyperlink to have it included in this thread. I think the link should be removed as its clearly a different aircraft.
By Trent772
seanxair wrote:
Trent772 wrote:Interesting that the Ebor Meet started at York today.

Saratoga's are the transport of choice of jockeys....... :pirat:

Are you racing follower then Trent772?

Have a punt now and again :lol:
By GolfHotel
irishc180 wrote:Probably unfair to the owners of the aircraft on that previously mentioned hyperlink to have it included in this thread. I think the link should be removed as its clearly a different aircraft.

What about the possibility that having a similar aircraft being clearly identified as not being involved possibly being of comfort or assistance? :D
By Mutley
At the grass a/g airfield I work at we had an .... ahem ... very similar N-reg aircraft appear out of a cloudbase of about 150ft / 1k vis, land, drop off passengers then depart shortly after (with pax) disappearing into the gloom at 150ft or so. It had arrived on a VFR flight plan from France. In the case of that particular aircraft I did think that it was an accident waiting to happen.

I'm really glad that no-one was hurt in this incident as I did wonder after the event whether I should have pointed out to the pax the illegality / risk of what had just occurred. FR24 suggested that it was a very busy machine.
Iceman liked this
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Trent772 wrote:
seanxair wrote:
Trent772 wrote:Interesting that the Ebor Meet started at York today.

Saratoga's are the transport of choice of jockeys....... :pirat:

Are you racing follower then Trent772?

Have a punt now and again :lol:

If the aircraft had slid any further the occupants would have needed a punt as well!
Trent772, Maxthelion, A le Ron and 2 others liked this
By Lockhaven
seanjd wrote:From ASIMS report, 1 pob and engine failure at 2200ft.

Doesn't say if vfr or ifr and no pan or mayday calls made, or emergency squawk.

Good hear he/she followed the basic principles of aviate, navigate, communicate.