Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By hatzflyer
My email was via Tiscali.co.uk but it has been deleted by Talk Talk who took over Tiscali., so I cannot access my emails.
As a result I did not get a reminder for my Skydemon renewal. Today my account was shut down due to not renewing my account but I can't access my account as it won't recognise my new email. I wanted to go to France tomorrow.
How can I get my account re opened ? :(
By T67M
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm with Dave - you need to break out four pieces of antique technology. Chart and whizzwheel to plan the route, fax machine to file the flightplan, and telephone to call SkyDemon and ask for an email address reset.

If you use the telephone first, you may be able to avoid the other antiques, however I'm not sure they answer the phone at the weekend. You MIGHT be lucky and get Tim to work at the weekend of you send a nice enough email - as well as being a good programmer, he's also very conscientious about customer support.

P.S. fax-filing a flight plan no longer works even if you can find a working fax machine at your end!
By hatzflyer
Have phoned and emailed SkyDemon but the office is shut. I sort of hoped Tim might see this thread .

What's a wizz wheel ? We're not back on the Rv nose wheel thread are we ? :shock:
My map has still got the coal yards on it !
By hatzflyer
That's looking likely but I think a new accounts is dearer than a renewal. If that is what I have to do that so be it ! Don't think I'd find my way to the next field without SkyDemon these days !
By Flyin'Dutch'
hatzflyer wrote:My email was via Tiscali.co.uk but it has been deleted by Talk Talk who took over Tiscali., so I cannot access my emails.
As a result I did not get a reminder for my Skydemon renewal. Today my account was shut down due to not renewing my account but I can't access my account as it won't recognise my new email. I wanted to go to France tomorrow.

Can you not log into your old account with your old credentials?

Then change the email on that old account to your new email address?

And take it from there.

Dunno what time you are going tomorrow but would have thought they would open tomorrow at 0900?
By Cub
I suspect the lovely Hannah or Rob will take pity on you when they are back in the office (Tim won't ;-)) but in the meantime open a new trial account, if you can or just purchase a new subscription and get on with planning that flight.

No whizzwheel, AIS, met office or AFPEX login required!
By johnm
New account on free trial basis and then get it all sorted properly next week.
By hatzflyer
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
hatzflyer wrote:My email was via Tiscali.co.uk but it has been deleted by Talk Talk who took over Tiscali., so I cannot access my emails.

Can you not log into your old account with your old credentials?

Then change the email on that old account to your new email address?

And take it from there.

Dunno what time you are going tomorrow but would have thought they would open tomorrow at 0900?

Old tiscali account has been deleted....I had my insurance policy etc on there as well,I hadn't printed it out same for both cars ! Nightmare but taught me a lesson! It seems that Tiscali are now defunct.
By Cub
SkyDemon doesn't know your Tiscali account has been deleted. Just log on with it and your old password then up date your contact email address.
Joe Dell liked this
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
If it comes to it, purchase a new account and we will refund it next week and sort out access to your old account.
Rob P, PeteSpencer, Cub and 5 others liked this
By hatzflyer
Will try that now. Have tried to get a free trial but it won't accept that . Maybe it's to do with my existing password.

Thanks Tim if only everyone in aviation were as customer orientated as you ! :)
Cub, Nick liked this
By hatzflyer
Done !!
How brilliant is that for service ?

I don't know of anyone or any company that can match Skydemon for service!

Thanks Tim this is real time proof to anyone how good your product is . I hope people see this and you get some sales as a result . You deserve it ! :D