Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thinking of flying in tomorrow, but museum website gives no Pilots details.
I understand strictly PPR necessary but non-replying answerphone in operation and Airfield Manager mobile I've got doesn't exist.

Soo I'm looking for a contact number and if poss an airfield chart .
Can anyone help please?
TIA
Peter
By PeteSpencer
Thanks Graham:
Found all the details in my Pooleys under 'Y' rather than 'E'
Doh!
PPR mobile no longer exists
Museum girlie (I guess French because she says 'merci' at the end of her answerphone message) which has been switched on all day and not shes not replying .

Tried all the track day people on the offchance they might have a number with no joy.

4.30pm they've clearly gone home as not even answerphone now....

Try again tomorrow.

Peter :(
By PeteSpencer
bfg_96 wrote:@PeteSpencer did you manage to get PPR in the end? Thinking of flying in tomorrow...

No I gave up at night but in the morning the Vale of York was forecast EMB CBs.

So we went south to Duxford....

Oops! just realised this may be too late:
Been away for a three day wedding in deepest Suffolk: no chance to use internet...

Peter
@PeteSpencer no worries, we got through on the PPR mobile number first time this morning. The same chap then marshalled us to parking after we'd landed and collected our £20 landing fee, which includes entry to the museum. The food was quite decent at the restaurant too, would recommend a visit!
By PeteSpencer
bfg_96 wrote:@PeteSpencer no worries, we got through on the PPR mobile number first time this morning. The same chap then marshalled us to parking after we'd landed and collected our £20 landing fee, which includes entry to the museum. The food was quite decent at the restaurant too, would recommend a visit!

Well I'm buggered!

Their lack of response for nearly 24 hours led me to believe they might have been shut down and runway dug up.

Will certainly give it a bash before the days get much shorter.

Peter