Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Ridders
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hi all
Some of you may know, we recently held our breakfast fly in and we decided to raise funds to a cause that is close to some of us on here.
Air Ambulances are sometimes involved in aviation related call outs, indeed I have had a nice ride in one to a local hospital after an incident.

In addition, Deanland is proud to have a pilot that learnt at the airfield who is paramedic on the Kent Surrey & Sussex air ambulance. Craig flys a Eurostar from Redhill in his spare time and is friends with several other pilots at Deanland. He is 'our' very own hero.

This year we held our fly in and despite some ominous forecasts we got in region of 50 aircraft pay us a visit for some nosh, all the landing donations were towards the KSSAA trust.

Today I had the pleasure to hand over the cheque to the Trust at Redhill. I flew in to meet up, but guess what, they were out on a shout, so I spent some time explaining to Nick (community fundraising coordinator) all about Light aircraft, how we raised the funds and why the air ambulance is particularly close to our heart. This was the first time someone had flown in to Redhill hand over a cheque :-)

So a big THANK YOU to all our Airfield residents, all those who attended, donated and enjoyed a nice breakfast to boot at our airfield on the 5th August, your generosity was incredible for such a fantastic aviation related cause.

Here's Craig (that's him on the right.... in case your wondering :wink: )

Here's a close up of how much we raised, yes, it really was £1241.07 :thumleft:

Thanks again everyone on here that attended.
Dave W, MarkOlding, Iceman and 19 others liked this
By Ridders
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I should also say thanks to Redhill who today informed me they have waived the landing fee for my visit.
Thanks you so very much :thumright:

Paul_Sengupta wrote:Unfortunately personal circumstances meant I couldn't be there.

Remind me later and I'll drop a tenner into the Air Ambulance donation tin/website in lieu of not being there in person.

I liked your post Paul, but only for the donation. Infact you can drop it into the donation box they offered for the hut at the airfield, so you can jolly well fly in once your annual is completed for cake and chat. Really sorry you couldn't make it in this time. Gerry asked where you were.
Dave W, Rob L, Paul_Sengupta liked this