Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Robin500 wrote:6 Months to pay out. How can it take that long, its not like there will be 10's of thousands of claims. Totally unacceptable.

Be grateful that there is funding at all, thanks to smart work by AOPA UK and our CAA, unlike most other states where the people will wait much longer for naff-all. :roll:
Paul_Sengupta, PeteSpencer, T67M and 1 others liked this
By Charliesixtysix
GAFlyer4Fun wrote:https://www.flyer.co.uk/8-33khz-radio-payments-aircraft-owners-begin/

So tranche 1 will pay out a total of £401,233 of the total EU Grant funds of 4.3 million Euros (approx £3.9million).

If my understanding of correspondence received to date is correct, some 2000+ applications were made in the first window but only 1072 grants have been awarded. Or roughly a 50% success rate.

What happened to the other c.1000 - are they re applying from scratch, submitting further evidence to substantiate their claims, or have they had rejection notice and given up?
By MercianMarcus
Charliesixtysix wrote:What happened to the other c.1000 - are they re applying from scratch, submitting further evidence to substantiate their claims, or have they had rejection notice and given up?

I think there is some confusion (as you'd full expect) but I'm working on the basis that my claim will be paid even though it has not been paid yet. Here's why:

CAA
We then intend to make further BACS payments every fortnight until they are all paid. You will receive an email detailing the amount and date of payment.

I think what follows - from the same email - is basically just an excuse for the delay, rather a suggestion that I'm one of the ones that failed to send the correct info.

CAA
Despite the sending of status emails where I have highlighted the need for “receipts” (not just an invoice) and bank statements, our progress has been severely hampered by having had to request additional documents from roughly 50% of claimants.

In summary for tranche 1 claimants you are in one of 3 groups:
1) You have been paid
2) You will be paid
3) They have asked for move evidence

MM
By cockney steve
@MercianMarcus
said
In summary for tranche 1 claimants you are in one of 3 groups:
1) You have been paid
2) You will be paid
3) They have asked for move evidence

Mr. Cynic says, " the longer they drag-out and complicate the admin, the more of the leftover cash can be diverted to CAA coffers, instead of being gifted to those greedy, wealthy fliers, who don't need it anyway "

OOH! naughty Mr. Cynic, casting aspersions , Our UK bureaucrats wouldn, t dream of acting like that.......would they? :twisted:
By GAFlyer4Fun
CAP1501, section 19, includes
..... Where a claim is rejected, the claimant will be informed of the reason and provided opportunity to re-submit. Any re-submission will be treated as a new submission.

So if any were "rejected" for insufficient receipts, they can claim again but put to the back of the queue.... which is currently the 2nd Call Period queue so they wont be processing those before the end of September (according to CAP1501).
By neil9327
neil9327 wrote:Hmmm I am in the first trache, with confirmation email 23rd Feb 2017, but I have not received any email or money in the past few days.

Have just received my email today, so all good.
By Ridders
Good news for many people!

GAFlyer4Fun wrote:There has also been some tough cheese for those that could not claim for a compatible CDI for the new GPS/Nav/Com or Nav/Com.
It was Camembert consistancy for me rather than tough old Comté. I had to replace the old Bendix mixer indicator as it was as much use as a Brie fireguard anyway, so spending the dosh bunging in a new garmin one tasted like splended Reblochon to me
By Ridders
Affirm..
By rf3flyer
My claim is in the second tranche which I understood would be paid in September. I assumed that would be September 2017. Anyone else in the second tranche and not had the rebate?