Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
With there now being a small number of frequencies staying 25kHz during 2018, have the CAA said there will be a another set of payments allowing applications during 2018? We haven't replaced our COM2 yet (trying to decide whether to upgrade to a Nav/Com) and knocking the price down by 20% would be nice, and may influence our plans.
By neilmurg
riverrock wrote:...have the CAA said there will be a another set of payments allowing applications during 2018? ...
They said as long as you've paid for the kit and have asked for it to be fitted before 31/12/18, it doesn't have to be installed by 31/12/18
By Charliesixtysix
nickwilcock wrote:
Any organisation fit for purpose would have these claims processed and paid within a Month of receipt.

Claims are processed in tranches to minimise bank charges and hence to maximise the size of the pot available.

I'm surprised that anyone would be quite so rude about being granted 20% funding.... :roll:

My businees banking fees are £0.35 per transaction ( in or out).

Genuine question - how much does it save by paying tranches in fortnightly batches c/w single payments as approved?
By alexbrett2
As an update - I just had an e-mail through today telling me my claim (second tranche, submitted on 11th July) will be paid on Thursday :)
By Taff pilot
Woppeeee , just had the e mail that I'm cashed up , strange it states the money is from the "first tranche"
i take that to mean there's plenty left so perhaps they will use the remaining to up the refund to 25% (i wish )
waiting now to see if I get the refund on the accessories we had to buy in order to fit .
By DarrenL
Me three. My mail also says first tranche with a mid-July submission. Thought that was second, but cash is cash so not complaining.
By PeteSpencer
Just heard my claim has been approved for payment on 22nd December: Submitted August and paid from first tranche...

Peter
By T67M
PeteSpencer wrote:Just heard my claim has been approved for payment on 22nd December: Submitted August and paid from first tranche...

Surely all payments from applications submitted in August are in the second tranche? From CAP1501 (slightly re-worded to make it read better out of context)

Tranche 1: Claims submitted between 00:00 on 16 February 2016 to 23:59 on 31 March 2017
Tranche 2: Claims submitted between 00:00 on 01 April 2017 to 23:59 on 30 September 2017
Tranche 3: Claims submitted between 00:00 on 01 October 2017 to 23:59 on 31 December 2017

I submitted my claim on 21st February (Tranche 1) and it was paid mid-August. It sounds like the process is actually getting faster if tranche-2 claims are being paid only three months after the closing date.
By Ian Melville
StillStanding wrote:Just had my email and it says next payment run will be towards the end of January! Claim submitted 5th September.

Same here. It would have been nice if they had done a quick glance to check validity instead of asking us to check again and pre-empt any issue.
By DarrenL
I received an email today about being paid in the second tranche too. Even though I've already been paid from the first tranche. But my claim was submitted in the second tranche window. All very confusing!