Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Flew to Calais today hoping for lunch. The airfield was deserted. One lone Britwaiting for the weather in the channel to improve and that was it - restaurant closed, flying club closed, reception desk closed. :(

Straight back on board and onward to Le Touquet which was fairly busy.
Their web page (http://www.aeroport-letouquet.com/douan ... l/?lang=en) quotes ‘2 hours notice’ for flights to/from U.K. ; but I am sure this does not apply to Inter-Schengen flights e.g. a hop from Calais.
Since President Macon now visits his weekend hideaway in Le Touquet fairly regularly, the Douanes seem to be there more than in the past.
This could mean they are ‘stricter’ in enforcing the rule; or it could mean that as they are already there, they don’t mind that you haven’t given notice? [Recent pilot experience would be useful.]
The good news with their new visitor is that the airport is not under threat of closure!
Rob P liked this
Peter Mundy wrote:No PNR for intra-Schengen flights. I have always found the douaniers to be present since the new president was elected and whenever he is actually in residence there seems to be a restricted area over the town itself.

Nah Peter, that is for you when you are visiting!

:wink:
The Le Touquet customs (when they turn up) can be quite insistent and humourless as evidenced by the story (told elsewhere on here) of last summer when they tried to prevent my 16year old grandson returning to the UK with me at the end of a daytrip to Le Touquet.

Fortunately my 'social' French is pretty fluent (though I didn't let on while negotiating with them.)and I won the day............

Peter :wink:
Salut tout le monde :)

the restaurant is not closed until august 28th but until a new tenant choose to open it :D

Last day for propose offer this april 24th, after my public communauty can choose the good offer and the new tenant can open for the next seasons :thumleft:

For the customs forms we have standardized them with those of the customs of le touquet so that it is simpler for you ;)

==> http://www.aeroport.capcalaisis.fr/pilot/ <==
rich_g85, Rob P, mikeblyth liked this
I think it was last year we tried it, or maybe 2016. A typical small French brasserie, very Brit-friendly, some aviation bits and pieces scattered around, sensibly-priced, tasty food.

But remember, not open at weekends.

Rob P
@ROG

According to the Verchocq Restaurant Facebook page, renovations to the restaurant completed earlier this month, but the restaurant lacks an operator. Seems to be a common issue in the Pas de Calais! Historic postings to the same page suggest that they lost the previous operator in April 2017.

It's been years since I was there, but I recall M Delahaye's wife running the restaurant in days of yore, so I don't know what happened there.