Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By hatzflyer
I have in the past, had companies phone me or write to me to say that they will match any quote at renewal.
One year a company that I had used for years tried this on me when I didn't renew with them and offered me a huge discount.
I hate that type of thing from insurers ( car, home etc. and worst of all banks ! ).

My attitude is " you have effectively been ripping me off for years and now you expect me to do business with you again ?" To me that is an insult.

When I went to Visicover for a quote they didn't have access to my renewal quote in fact I just punched some keys on a computer and the quote came up. No hassle , take it or leave it, no sales pitch, no asking how much you are currently paying.

Having used them for a year for my RV I found them easy to deal with , helpful when asked for any amendments etc.
This year I upped my cover on the RV in order to keep up with inflation and insured my second aircraft with them as well. Total for both aircraft less than I paid for the RV alone with the previous insurer.
mick w, Flyin'Dutch', fcalio and 2 others liked this
By Rob P
Waveflyer wrote:Are Sirius still quoting?

I have no idea. If they are I would recommend them unreservedly.

Understandably their quote on the 6 that replaced NADZ was increased. I saved in the region of £600 by accepting Visicover's quote.

Part of me felt bad about this.

Rob P
By sky_high30
Own aeroplane: Have been very happy with Haywards in the past - though we insure a fleet of business jets with them at work so have an existing relationship.

Share O'Plane is with Sydney Charles. Not my decision - we got a much better quote from Haywards which I would have gone with (Order of £1000's cheaper), but they were a bit funny about one of our pilots - most experienced in the group on type but has two claims on an aircraft he no longer flies. Sydney Charles matched the price we were given by Haywards and didn't adjust the excess in respect of the claims for the one pilot.
By PeterMa
Sirius are now Beta Aviation - underwritten by MS Amlin . - Same guys to deal with and no issue re paying out . Recently had a hot start on a C208 - not overly hot but needle in the red arc for a second or two - £80k later all was good again :)