Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I'm pleased you enjoyed my video! It's not a difficult strip with the right aircraft, even on a hot day and a 14 kt crosswind as on this flight. Ive been there a few times and it's a great day out... and only 30 minutes from home base! It's rapidly become a favourite spot to take 'senior management' out to lunch! There is a video of the opposite runway approach on youtube too.
Dave W, seanxair, Iceman and 1 others liked this
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Huskyhipdoc, from whom did you have to obtain permission to land ? Was there a landing fee ? Can you depart on a Sunday ?

Tresco is a beautiful island but I have only ever arrived by boat, sampled tea, cake and lunch, walked the island and departed back to St. Mary's. It would be great to have the flexibility of a direct arrival (in a fixed-wing machine).

Iceman 8)
heliport@tresco.co.uk

heliport manager is Dave Page.
No landing fee... "if you buy lunch or visit the gardens, we'll make money out of your visit" ... which I thought was an excellent perspective. Don't know about Sundays, but I will find out.
They are being cautious with types allowed (definitely the aircraft, possibly also the pilots! :lol: ) so please don't try it if it's in any way "marginal". St Mary's is only a few minutes away...
Iceman liked this
Landing on 07 is more awkward.. large sand dune between beach and threshold, then 150 yards to a slightly raised road.. bigger rise to the right side of centreline. Very easy to be 'ballooned' up at less than flying speed but there is another 250 yards after the road. A steep sideslip approach is probably the way to do it (especially in a Husky/Supercub etc)