Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
The motor glider 'tax' at sandown is a little unfair as each time I have been there has been no shortage of parking slots. Now always go to bembridge instead which means they lose more than they collect - guess they just don't really want motorgliders which is their prerogative of course.
good finish wrote:... each time I have been there has been no shortage of parking slots

Did you tell people you were going? They may just have been avoiding you.

Rob P :D
The landing fees changed in june this year,they have not changed for six years before this but things change.
Vat man now wants his share and rates for the concrete went up,It takes a while to cut grass and that takes fuel and tractor/mower parts and wages
B.A.L sets the fees and by seats is a no brainer to those who do not know what your aircraft weigh.
To invest in the future it has to at min break even.
Peter Mundy, kanga, Flyin'Dutch' and 9 others liked this
sets the fees and by seats is a no brainer to those who do not know what your aircraft weigh.

So it's too difficult to get the MTOW from a reg so just blanket up the fees by countings seats. :lol:

As for mower parts, please, I don't care how much the lights cost in Tesco's when buying bread, so its all down to value for money, and that is basically zilch at Bembridge IMO, so Sandown every time for me.
Would it be asking too much of an airfield to provide a toilet, for the fees?

Just curious, as a bloke there are plenty of suitable bushes and hedges available at Bembridge, but if taking the other half, especially on a Monday when the prop Inn is also closed..
FlarePath liked this
By LysanderV8
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
mo0g wrote:Would it be asking too much of an airfield to provide a toilet, for the fees?

Just curious, as a bloke there are plenty of suitable bushes and hedges available at Bembridge, but if taking the other half, especially on a Monday when the prop Inn is also closed..

According to their website, the Propeller is open on Mondays from 1100-1700. I will find out for sure on Monday when I go there.
How on earth can these posts go on for 8 pages about landing fees and toilets at Bembridge. It is a brilliant place to fly to. Lovely peaceful walks, we go down to white cliffe bay beach under finals for 30. We sit at the wonky cafe or the Tupenny cafe and have a lovely lunch in the fresh air next to the beach. If you want to talk about landing fees, I am based at BIGGIN and it is £25 for my based RV6 !!! For me Bembridge is my second choice after LFAT for a 35 minute flight, to go somewhere different. The Vectis gliding club staff are really friendly and if you leave later in the afternoon there is no radio, just blind calls - just heaven.