Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
(Well, amateur built and "certain historic" Permit aircraft)

Thanks and congratulations, EFLEVA! :D

Here are the relevant ECAC recommendations, which provide further information on what aircraft are included in this decision.
Ian Melville, ak7274, nallen and 8 others liked this
patowalker wrote:The UK and Belgium are still the only EU countries to charge a fee for the privilege of flying a factory built PtF aircraft in their airspace.

So the UK will be (after 1 July) the only non-agreeing partner? Is this likely to change? Or are there no foreign-registered Nationally-Certified (PtF) factory-built aircraft other than in the UK?

[My edit: there must be, like the F-reg Spit that took a nosedive the other week; the Flamants based at Alencon just as an example]

Rob
By patowalker
Rob L wrote:
patowalker wrote:The UK and Belgium are still the only EU countries to charge a fee for the privilege of flying a factory built PtF aircraft in their airspace.

So the UK will be (after 1 July) the only non-agreeing partner? Is this likely to change? Or are there no foreign-registered Nationally-Certified (PtF) factory-built aircraft other than in the UK?

[My edit: there must be, like the F-reg Spit that took a nosedive the other week; the Flamants based at Alencon just as an example]

Rob

No. After 1st July both countries will still be charging for factory built PtF aircraft. The UK has the following exemptions:
ECAC agreement
If you are flying a home-built aircraft and you are from an ECAC member state you do not need to apply for an exemption.
You must have a permit to fly or equivalent.

Agreement between the UK CAA and DGAC France
If you’re flying a French registered aircraft you do not need to apply for an exemption unless your aircraft is ex-military or a factory-built gyroplane.

Agreement between the UK CAA and the Irish Aviation Authority
If you’re flying an Irish registered aircraft you do not need to apply for an exemption unless your aircraft is ex-military or a factory-built gyroplane.
By patowalker
Fortunately, they won't affect me anymore, but the Belgian overflight rules are a PITA. Apart from the 94 euros, they require an email notification and a FPL for every flight, even if it is within Belgium.

I argued that this was discriminatory, but got nowhere.

The question raised in your below e-mail has been discussed in our department.
Given all existing and widely available means of communication (phone, mobile phone, internet, e-mail,...), it seems to us that the requirement to submit a flight plan and e-mail notification prior to a flight can be easily complied with. The risk of invalidating the insurance cover on an aircraft due to the lack of a flight plan or e-mail, is therefore very low.
Therefore, a change in the wording of the requirement of a flight plan is not considered at this moment.
Flake is autospell for flakey .
By that I mean they will not accept payment on the day, cash or card. They then invoice you months later when you have forgotten it and add interest and a price hike.
This has happened to me twice at Wevelgem . Lovely airport but I won't use it again.