Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By SteveX
So what happened in the end? Apart from 2 locked threads so I don't know if he finished the trip, how the aircraft got back to UK etc.?
By cockney steve
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I think his "pile of bits" Taylorcraft is still on Fleabay. You could also waste a few hours perusing his Website, where you may, or may not happen upon an update on that facet of Mr. Kirk's "interesting" life.
By Spooky
The latest I read was that he'd been assaulted in Cardiff (couple of weeks ago?) but was now out of hospital
By neilmurg
best to check f-book, look at the 'Supporting Maurice Kirk in Africa' page, he posts as Sean Wilson since losing his FB id.
I think: he's in Wales, been back a long time, plane under repair/maintenance in Nairobi
By Sooty25
I can't post a link due to the phone I'm on but if yiu search "maurice john kirk" on facebook you'll find his current account.

apparently the Cub still stands half a chance of survival, engine is currently being rebuilt in Nairobi. One has to assume the airframe isn't a chicken coup.

various moans about south wales police (yawn).

a bit about taylorcraft, his french Cub and a Chaffinch he wants to put on floats and fly across africa in! I'd have thought big tundra tyres would be safer based on how often he lands.