Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
#1539955
Rather than complaining, I'm congratulating them on a brilliant bit of software.

Works well with my PilotAware, much better than the "radar" screens that are out there, and FREE !!

My passengers can now simply download this onto their phones/tablets and have their own moving map, with traffic (if they have a PilotAware that is) on their knee.

:thumleft: :thumleft: to the developers.
roweda liked this
By roweda
#1540137
Cub wrote:Still no joy getting it working with SkyEcho. Shame


Cub

Do SkyEcho publish any settings that they recommend?

Can you advise what settings you are using? Unfortunately, I don't have access to one of these units but will certainly help where possible.

Where are you based? Maybe able to arrange to meet up if South East. Planning to visit Headcorn, Redhill & North Weald tomorrow (10/6) if any good to you.
Last edited by roweda on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Cub
#1540157
roweda wrote:
Cub wrote:Still no joy getting it working with SkyEcho. Shame


Cub

Do SkyEcho publish any settings that they recommend?

Can you advise what settings you are using? Unfortunately, I don't have access to one of these units but will certainly help where possible.

Where are you based? Maybe able to arrange to meet up if South East. Planning to visit Headcorn, Redhill & North Weald tomorrow (10/6) if any good to you.


Off to Old Warden this weekend to fly SkyEcho on a number of Moths. Will have to stick with SkyDemon for the time being. Thanks anyway.
User avatar
By BobM
#1540509
Looks good, I'm not getting the option to open .gpx files in EVFR on either my Samsung S5 phone or Nexus tablet, what am I doing wrong?
User avatar
By Cub
#1540535
scottish_ppl wrote:
Cub wrote: Will have to stick with SkyDemon for the time being. Thanks anyway.


Why are you having to stick with one vendor, rather than publishing clear specifications that can be linked to by any vendor?


I am a user not a publisher of specifications. Just hoped to try Airspace Avoid with a SkyEcho.
By roweda
#1540559
Cub

u-Avionix are getting a unit shipped to our developers so that we can then publish full connectivity instructions.

In the meantime, we think that it should be as straightforward as connecting via WiFi and setting the GDL90 settings to UDP with Port 4000. Please also make sure that on the FLARM Settings page, Use FLARM is OFF (no green bar lit).

We will get the settings released ASAP.
Cub liked this
By Aerials
#1540575
Hi roweda.
Like BobM a few posts up, I can't load a .gpx file. I have a couple which were generated in another program and saved in a folder on my micro SD card. I don't have any sort of 'Dropbox' that is shown in the tutorial here: http://www.pocketfms.com//EasyVFRBasicU ... erTips.asp
When I click on the file, I get an 'Open file failed' message.
I conclude that the files may somehow be corrupt or incomplete in some way or perhaps I need a Dropbox. Can you offer any other tips to get a file to open please?
By neilld
#1540577
I'm getting this issue with my ASUS Tablet (Android 4.2.2). As above tapping the file gets the 'Open file failed' message. EVFR Basic also does not appear in the list of shared programs in file manager.
However it works OK on my Motorola phone (Android 6.0)
By roweda
#1540580
Aerials wrote:Hi roweda.
Like BobM a few posts up, I can't load a .gpx file. I have a couple which were generated in another program and saved in a folder on my micro SD card. I don't have any sort of 'Dropbox' that is shown in the tutorial here: http://www.pocketfms.com//EasyVFRBasicU ... erTips.asp
When I click on the file, I get an 'Open file failed' message.
I conclude that the files may somehow be corrupt or incomplete in some way or perhaps I need a Dropbox. Can you offer any other tips to get a file to open please?


Aerials

Unfortunately, it seems like certain variants of Android operating system don't support the file association to allow EasyVFR basic to open a GPX file directly from say, an email. Dropbox can be installed free of charge and will then enable you to open a GPX file as detailed in the tutorial you reference above.

The next release of EasyVFR basic should include a Wifi Flightplan option allowing a colleague with a a full version of EasyVFR to transfer the GPX file to you by WiFi providing you are connected to the same network, e.g. your Flying Club.
Last edited by roweda on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.