Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By oldbiggincfi
Page 59 of THE TIMES in the Register Friday June 2nd.

Largest Freight terminal in Europe ?

Have a look at www.rsp.co.uk

At the very least some one is having a go at getting a 3rd Hard runway in one of the largest Counties in UK - KENT .

Do we support RiverOak Strategic Partners ?
By shortwing
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Worth looking up the history behind the main architect, Freudman, who has a somewhat chequered history. It's also a new company as the American interests that were pursuing it, also called Riveroak, have pulled out.
By townleyc
Great. In the 3rd reply on the the thread you are rubbishing them with your name change,

Shouldn't we at least be giving them some benefit of the doubt?

I for one wish them well.

KE
kanga liked this
By Rob P
The last I heard was that three proposals were on the table, two of which included aviation and one from the company that shut Manston down to cover it with bijou housettes.

Anyone more up to date than I?

Rob P
By Rob P
Doing my own research, I came across this from a local Independent candidate in the forthcoming General Election.

"Close Manston Airport completely and dig up the runway – with a $1 compulsory purchase order to end the Stone Hill Park new town and parkway farce. And to clean and refill the east Kent aquifer that is under the runway.

"Extradite and jail the Infratil directors and police investigation into the removal of the Manston monitors and faking of pollution data with Thanet District Council and Kent County Council.

"End the corruption around Pleasurama, and shoddy governance around the Pavilion, with tax havens such as Manston-Belize and Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands in main Kent projects.

And we thought the party had died with Lord Sutch :lol:

Rob P
By shortwing
townleyc wrote:Great. In the 3rd reply on the the thread you are rubbishing them with your name change,

Shouldn't we at least be giving them some benefit of the doubt?

I for one wish them well.

KE

It's not a name change, it's a different company.

If you do your reasearch into the people behind the new riveroak you will understand my view.

I wish other parties success but a daytime only freight hub? Yeah ok I remain to be convinced
By Rob P
Excellent. I've just chucked another landing fee's worth of donation into the kitty.

Rob P
By Sooty25
Talkdownman wrote:They might struggle to find ATCOs... :shock:

outsource to an Indian call centre, easy!