Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
SimonM wrote:Found it in Amazon but at £600 i'm not convinced its going to be a game changer. Having said that, I would still like one :D

The reason I believe that it is a 'Game Changer' is not just because it is very competitively priced at 600 pounds but also because the unit contains lots of other functionality that can be utilised as some very exciting data possibilities become a reality in the UK. The seamless interface (GDL90) with SkyDemon but also with other COTS products, neat profile, lack of wires and ease of operation are exactly what the market has been waiting for and all utilising a proper aviation protocol and spectrum which delivers true interoperability.

I really haven't been so excited since we did AWARE and SkyDemon Light, but this is going to be much, much bigger.
velostar liked this
By T67M
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Straight Level wrote:A game changer would be for all those who have ADSB equipment already installed, to actually allow them to enable ADSB out. :(
SL
Nice unit that Sky echo though :thumright:

If you already have ADS-B out, you only need half of this device, but you're paying for all of it, and the bit you don't use is the expensive part. Cheaper solutions are available.

If you have Mode C, this is a great piece of kit.

If you have Mode S, with the current rules, you're stuffed. Hopefully a rule change is in the offing...
Cub wrote:
Straight Level wrote:A game changer would be for all those who have ADSB equipment already installed, to actually allow them to enable ADSB out. :(
SL

I would like to try and help you with that. How can I contact you?

One more thing you could do is to persuade Garmin to give us a free upgrade of the GTX-330 to ES. All of us who bought the 330 rather than the 328 did so on the understanding that it did ES.
T67M, neilmurg, kui2324 liked this
Cub wrote:The reason I believe that it is a 'Game Changer' is not just because it is very competitively priced at 600 pounds

Remind me how much PAW costs and the exact meaning of 'competitively' please?

Rob P
T67M liked this