Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Keveng
flyingeeza wrote:
Keveng wrote:Glad you and Mandy are both safe and sound Paul.

Mandy drove up to collect us after a work-related commitment. :thumright:

Cool , well im sure it got your attention and well done :pale:
By flyingeeza
Heartening indeed to get such positive support all round. But to be honest though the training and the practice just kicks in and the guys who trained me deserve the medals here. Genghis the Engineer taught me gliding in the XAir, and SteveC taught me gliding in the Cherokee. And they must have done something right because during both of my recent little emergencies I felt absolutely no fear, things just got a little busy or a little quiet, and I just flew the aircraft. Job done. 8)
:D :thumright:
Paul_Sengupta, mick w, kanga and 2 others liked this
By Groundspeed
That sounds very nicely handled well done, good instruction does make all the difference.

I remember my engine failure some years back, the instructor voice from the empty R/H seat even had an Indian acent.
flyingeeza liked this
By flyingeeza
patowalker wrote:Your engine failure? You mean just one? You obviously started flying after the advent of Rotax engines. :)

Nope...I started flying in 1979 and in '83 flew a microlight long before the regulations... Quicksilver MX1 with Cuyuna 400cc and belt drive. Good old days.
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Snap. Quicksilver MXL II, Quicksilver MXL I and Eagle. Inverted Cuyuna 440 failed regularly. Probably not surprising, since they ran on Peruvian leaded. Nice big desert to put down on made forced landings a non-event.

Many years later I was banned from switching the engine off in my Quantum overhead an airfield in Luxembourg, because it scared the locals. :D
flyingeeza liked this
By patowalker
Bullet proof.
I thought mine was a bit thirsty in the flexwing and wonder what the fuel burn would be in a 'clean' airframe.
By Flyin'Dutch'
patowalker wrote:I thought mine was a bit thirsty in the flexwing and wonder what the fuel burn would be in a 'clean' airframe.

No different, but the speed you would see would be different.
By Groundspeed
50kts in a two up TST gives 13LPH, but shove it up to 60kts and watch the fuel level sink. Far from a clean airframe though we refer to the upright windshield as a transparent airbrake :wink:
By Charles Hunt
Well done that man!!

Expect someone will be along soon to say that wasn't a real engine failure as you weren't mid Atlantic.

By coincidence Steppenwolf has just come on the stereo. 'Get your motor running.......' always good advice.