Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Great event. Been sorting my pictures last few hours, still got so many to do.

These two looking great together today in the sun..

ImageCessna 180-E N71CW Popham Microlight Trade Fair 2017 (3) by Richard Davies, on Flickr

ImageCessna 180-E N71CW Popham Microlight Trade Fair 2017 (1) by Richard Davies, on Flickr

ImageSAN Jodel DR.1051 Sicile G-AYLC Popham Microlight Trade Fair 2017 by Richard Davies, on Flickr
Dave W, mick w, bogopper and 2 others liked this
Not a criticism by any means but could the marshallers ensure that the exits from the parking on the East side onto the taxiway parallel to 03/21 be kept clear. I found that a parked aircraft or two were blocking the coned off exits and it was a tortuous and fraught taxy around the spotters to find a way out. Otherwise well done.
Thanks
Keveng wrote:
flyingeeza wrote:
patowalker wrote:The Pilotaware stand seemed to be by far the most popular today.

Yep, surrounded by smart, forward thinking pilots as usual. 8) :D :thumleft:

Did you fly in Paul? Shame i missed you

Nope, we drove down. Much easier all round, and far more comfortable too.
By bogopper
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
We flew down this morning from Gamston... one other on the radio. About 5 visitors and only 2 microlight campers left. Strange to see it so empty.

Got all the stall holders to ourselves! Had a cuppa and fresh donuts then beat a hasty retreat north at 12. Angry clouds were looming over the airfield as we left.

Quietest I've ever seen Popham

Mark
By Paul_Sengupta
Hmm, seems like I missed most of you on Saturday. I left before you lot got there! Unusual for me! :mrgreen: I got there about 10:30am (drove from Wales), left about 12:30 to drive to Bourne Park to fly to Halfpenny Green, to the Radial and Trainer Fly-In. I flew back into Popham about 6pm to take Cessna57 flying, back to Bourne Park. Saw the aforepictured C180 leaving as I was sitting in the aeroplane.

I was there again today but after most people had left (including the PilotAware people!).

As for the angry clouds today, it was still fine when I got there, and it only started spitting with rain about 7pm, but still with high clouds. It was a little breezy but actually straight down 08.
PilotAware left at about 3, after we'd spoken to both our customers for the day and spent some time fitting a PAW to the beautiful Pipestrel parked next to us. We were still the busiest stand on the Sunday !

30G35 forecast didn't help and everyone said how quiet it was. We were one of the last to pack up.

One of the PilotAware team did fly back to Scotland in a flexwing on Sunday from Popham though. Let's just say a more experienced Pilot than me!

I have already personally thanked Paul, but I'd like to publically thank him.

Discussing with my wife the next day.

"Sounds like it was very nice, Where does it rank on the "Fly in a Spitfire" scale?"

"Put it this way, I have a new scale, the "Fly in Paul's Bulldog" scale :thumleft:
bogopper wrote:Quietest I've ever seen Popham

Entirely due to weather forecast on Sunday.

Lots of aircraft turned up for Saturday - so many I did not bother trying to count them, although an earlier post reported around 700 movements for the day.
Paul_Sengupta wrote:Hmm, seems like I missed most of you on Saturday. I left before you lot got there! Unusual for me! :mrgreen: I got there about 10:30am (drove from Wales), left about 12:30....

I was in shock to see you making your escape so early with a full on list of activities for the day.

Oh and later in the day there was a lady on the table behind me in the clubhouse commenting it was the best cake they have had in a long time. :mrgreen:
By Paul_Sengupta
I picked up a case of oil yesterday from Transair. Carrying it on the long trek back to the car, I had to stop off at the clubhouse for cake...

Sorry about the lack of curry notice on Saturday, we didn't leave Bourne Park until about 8.30pm, still not knowing what or where.
Cessna57 wrote:PilotAware left at about 3, after we'd spoken to both our customers for the day and spent some time fitting a PAW to the beautiful Pipestrel parked next to us. We were still the busiest stand on the Sunday !

30G35 forecast didn't help and everyone said how quiet it was. We were one of the last to pack up.

One of the PilotAware team did fly back to Scotland in a flexwing on Sunday from Popham though. Let's just say a more experienced Pilot than me!

I actually left Popham at 3pm on the Sunday, just after the first rain shower. Spent 40 minutes on the ground at Sherburn to fuel and pee, then off again and landed at East Fortune at 7.20pm. That's 379 miles in 3 hours 50 minutes or an average ground speed of 98.9mph. Average ground speed for the second leg was actually 107mph, with a Max GS of 146 on descent towards East Fortune. Not bad for a 9 year old GT450 flexwing in a very strong easterly, though I did have a wind advantage on some parts of the flight, but slight headwind on others.

Nice chatting to everyone on the PAW stand. Definitely made the trip worth while. :thumright:

Regards

Peter
Tim Dawson liked this