Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By robintaylor
Has anyone flown into Son Bonet recently and can give me any idea of the costs of landing, handling, if required, and fuel.
Robin
By Grumpy One
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Not too recently I'm afraid - But from memory it wasn't too exorbitant (and we are cheap barstewards, prone to great whinges & grumpiness if it gets too costly)

My biggest suggestion is that you take all your documents & Certs. with when you check in at the 'Office'.
Passport, License, Insurance, Certs of Registration & Airworthiness/Permit, Radio, Oh. Everything - They asked for and went through everything with a fine toothcomb and then photocopied it all.

FYI - Our Route:-
Overnighted in Perpignan (LFMP) - Basically then down the coast to BGR (VOR) - POS (VOR) - VRP "E" - San Bonet (LESB)
Pretty simple really. The weather OK until we left BGR . It was carp on the overwater sector but then improved greatly from about 10nm to run to the island.

Oh Lordy! It was done in September 2007 - 10 years ago!!!!! Strewth! :pale:
Have fun
By ZuluMike
4 Years since I went but don't remember any great dramas. Same experience with Grumpy One with regards to document checking and it seems to be impossible to buy fuel without providing a VAT number although they don't seem to care who's it is !!
By Echobeach
We had a great visit there a few years ago. But it was utterly impossible to buy avgas without a u k vat number. There was no if or but about this. But that's all you need.
By ivor.phillips
same here our trip was Six years ago no problem with avgas as long as you give them a Vat number ( any vat number) landing fees and parking was quite reasonable in comparison to Palma the year before, Longest taxi into palma but not too pricey,
By cecilthecat
In Spain we just give them the VAT number for Shell, they don't care they just want a number to put in the box :-)

VAT registration number GB 235 7632 55
By Echobeach
I must just add that the flight around the formentor peninsula. And then low level (800qnh) if I recall correctly, was one of the most memorable of my European touring flights. It's quite an experience.