Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Does anyone here know if the airstrip at Streethay near Lichfield is open to visiting aircraft?

If so, I'd appreciate contact details by PM.

I know that Sittles Farm is close by, so that's also a good option, but Streethay is very close to my potential destination.
By seanxair
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm local (ish). Will try to find out as I know someone who may have contacts there. There is also Shenstone which is just the other side of T5 on the M6 toll so pretty close. Roddige microlight site next to Sittles and a bit further away Catton also microlight. And mine nr Burton on Trent
Can't give you current status of Streethay but Phase 1 of HS2 rail link planning goes straight through it. So it won't be there much longer.
The ground clearance for Phase 1 of HS2 has already started I believe in some parts further south in Northants.
jibjab75 wrote:Does anyone have contact details for the land owners of Shenstone Airstrip? Or does anyone fly from there? I am interested in potentially housing my gyro there!

Any help appreciated..

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard

I'll PM you details.

BTW I keep a gyro at Abbots Bromley a few miles North.

Mark