Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By MichaelP
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Last Monday I did an Instrument Proficiency Check in a D Sim DA42 to renew my Instrument Rating.
Then I flew a DA42 to do my five landings...
I like the DA42, it's a fun aeroplane, almost as much fun as an Aztec.

www.mpaviation.com/2017.htm

The reason is I have a job with a small Air Taxi company out of Don Mueang which has three Navajo Chieftains.
There's a P68 and a Cessna 150 in the mix as well.

Whatever happens, this is an open invitation to any visiting aviation people to give me a call if you're coming to Bangkok.
By carlmeek
Hi Michael,

We have a house out in bang khae, and visit twice a year at Christmas and summer. I'd love to meet up and do something aviation related if the opportunity allowed!

-C
By MichaelP
Drove my little old car down to Bangkok in the Songkran rush yesterday ready for work at Don Mueang this morning.

I see a Bang Khae in SW Bangkok, on the way to Ocean Park where the Cessna 150 is at the moment...

Yes there are some flying opportunities here, let me know when you are coming.
By Gertie
MichaelP wrote:Whatever happens, this is an open invitation to any visiting aviation people to give me a call if you're coming to Bangkok.

Might just do that one day - my wife is talking about a second visit to Burma, and that involves changing planes in Bangkok, so we could stay for a couple of days.
MichaelP liked this
By Iceman
Ah, Awful Charlie and his Mooney :thumright:. Last saw him at Asiago on the Italian Raduno last year. Timothy was supposed to be taking his Navajo to the China airshow as well; did he not make it ?

Iceman 8)
By MichaelP
Many people dropped out.
The Chinese sprung some extra charges on them early this week making it a no go decision. This was resolved by negotiation at the last minute.

I'm glad it worked out in the end.
Thanks all - it's been a few chaotic days, and we're all absolutely shattered, but a tremendous experience. We're somewhat stuck behind the "Great Firewall of China" at the moment (no google anything, e-mail is highly variable), but some pics and words in due course (with the schedule for getting back home again, that might not be until late May)

Top marks to Blue Legend for making it happen, AOPA for kicking it off, and Jim at Rate One for pulling it people and aircraft together, and thanks for all the support and encouraging messages en-route
Dave W, Paultheparaglider, skydriller and 2 others liked this