Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Sir Morley Steven wrote:Found out yesterday that The Phoenix, a lovely pub between Hartley Wintney and Hook, does superb Sunday lunches. It will be a five minute cab ride from Blackbushe.

Crown and Cushion at Hawley too.
matspart3 wrote:..

Good point! I'm on again next Sunday too. Mini forum fly in?

like the lanyarded Forumite meeting 2Ds at the Aviator for lunch today (very nice RV6 from Old Buck :thumright: ), you can all come to JAM first, too (or after) :) I'll be 'on' in the morning there again.
To be fair the 'food' at JAM was exceptionally good.

:D :D :D

I can heartily recommend a visit to JAM. It is fascinating, and of exceptional interest for anyone aviation minded. I spent 90 minutes there and it was nothing like enough. The ability to taxi up to the museum and park outside is unique, far classier than Duxford.

Actually, On reflection, not unique. East Kirkby offers similar proximity.

Rob P
morticiaskeeper wrote:I heard two comments on the food.

The 'adequate' was mine.

It was a robust, pub grub style Sunday lunch in a venue that probably wasn't totally geared up for the first rush of the warm weather after a quiet winter. There was nothing wrong with it, but nothing special either and there were notable service issues.

But, we thoroughly enjoyed the day, your suggestion worked brilliantly well, and it was lovely to put yet another face to a forum name. :D (Actually two when I include Kanga)

Rob P
kanga liked this
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
Meh, so-so.

<Drift> I was slightly startled to find that ' meh' was the necessary answer to a clue in one of the more challenging cryptic crosswords over the weekend </drift>
By 2Donkeys
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I would agree with RobP's observations on the Aviator. They gave the impression of having been profoundly surprised by the number of people who turned up for lunch on a sunny Sunday. The service fell apart a bit (orders missed or out a widely varying times), but the food was perfectly OK pub grub.

The search for the best Sunday Lunch at or near an airfield continues...