Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By A le Ron
We were in le Touqet yesterday (in a twin Comanche) and noticed a number of other Comanches on the apron. It would have been great to have met up with some of the other Comanche flyers, but unfortunately we didn't see any of the owners/operators there. Anyone here know who they may have been, and whether this was a Comanche flyout or a coincidence?
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Arrowman
No not a Comanche fly out just a coincidence, I was in single Com G-AVCM and our friend was in twin com
G-AYSB, both of us from Stapleford (EGSG) where at the last count there were 2 sometimes 3 twin coms
and one Single based there.
I am sure if you want to drop into Stapleford all of the owners would be happy to talk comanche.
By A le Ron
Might do that. I am a member of the International Comanche Society, on the advice of a couple of friends who also fly twin Comanches, but so far have not been able to access any information on the UK/European activities, as the European tribe website does not seem to have been updated for some time! Thanks for all the info.
Last edited by A le Ron on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CloudHound
Tatenhill and Gamston seem to have a few based Comanches. I used to fly G-ARLB with many many fond memories.
And a fright when the u/c decided to stay tucked up due to an electrical problem.
By Grumpy One
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
And we were in Le Took yesterday as well (Rv9A, a PA28thingy and an MCR1).... We waited and waited in the restaurant, but no one offered to buy us lunch!! So we settled for the Burger a la Francaise and chips.
Nice cross wind weren't it :|
Occasional 197kt ground speed on the way back though - :thumleft:
By A le Ron
We arrived in a 17G25 crosswind, not a problem in the twin Comanche but pretty sporting in an RV or similar I'd imagine!
By Rob P
It was 18 gusting twentysomething going into Lille on Saturday, but only about 20-30 degrees off the runway heading.

Funnily enough as we were travelling home we heard someone coming off Le Touquet, I had to ask Nigel what a PA30 was.

Rob P
By A le Ron
One of the others I expect. Ours is a PA39 (i.e. counter rotating props), of which there are only three on the G register.