Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Nomad63
I have PLB kept in my microlight and have read that PLBs can now be used in land based outdoor activities, I ride mountain bikes and Off road motorcycles in some fairly remote places and often alone so would like to take advantage of the ruling.

Question is: is their a problem with it being registered to an aircraft?, presumably if I set it off, any responders would be expecting to find a crash site?, so is there a process to register it for multi-use?, I have googled a bit, but nothing relevant shows up.
By RisePilot
You have always been able to use a PLB for land use (the "P" in PLB stands for personal). You're also not limited to registering it here in the UK. Your travels could include anywhere in the world onshore/offshore/polar/etc. I register mine with NOAA/SARSAT.

NOAA/SARSAT Beacon Registration
SARSAT Beacon Registration
NOAA/SARSAT
4231 Suitland Rd
Suitland MD 20746
http://www.beaconregistration.noaa.gov
Nomad63 liked this
By Nomad63
Thx both, just been on the phone using number above and a very helpfull lady assured me its ok for land use, noted what my other intended uses were and updated that and all my other details which i had forgot to do since had changing my address and ISP recently. :thumleft:

P.S. she also noted it will be used abroad