Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By 2soar
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hello all, I've purchased a lovely aircraft (G-CIPG) which is pristine white all over and really needs some colour. I hear some have gone down the route of decals rather than paint for a simple decorative scheme. Can you recommend someone who can not just make but also apply them (art was never my best subject)?

David
By MikeB
My secretary's husband did a great job on the decals for my Pioneer (as featured in my Avatar). He runs a business making decals primarily for vans (the vehicles not the aircraft). Based in South Wales so may not be local for you, but there's loads of adverts on Google so I'm sure you could find somebody local.
2soar liked this
Hi David
My Bristell G PTFE was all white like yours. I Got a local van lettering company to apply vinyl cut letters and design drawn up by myself. I was pleased with their work. Google G PTFE or look on G INFO to see photo. PM for more info.
Pat
2soar liked this
My secretary's husband did a great job on the decals for my Pioneer (as featured in my Avatar)

Hi - I'd like to see a photo of that if I may by PM. I've bought one and the OEM scheme is a bit dated. I would like to decal wrap sections of it and bring it more up to date looks wise. There are some nice ideas on the Alpi site I was going to base mine on.
2soar liked this
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
2soar wrote:Hello all, I've purchased a lovely aircraft (G-CIPG) which is pristine white all over and really needs some colour. I hear some have gone down the route of decals rather than paint for a simple decorative scheme. Can you recommend someone who can not just make but also apply them (art was never my best subject)?

David

I've sat in that particular aircraft and have to say that I thought it was a superbly equipped.

Congratulations

Ian
2soar liked this
2soar wrote:Hello all, I've purchased a lovely aircraft (G-CIPG) which is pristine white all over and really needs some colour. I hear some have gone down the route of decals rather than paint for a simple decorative scheme. Can you recommend someone who can not just make but also apply them (art was never my best subject)?

David

You have PM.

TD'M'
2soar liked this
I bet like some here I thought what the heck does this a/c look like. Quick google, wow what a gorgeous looking machine. Must admit never heard or even seen one of these
I will be keeping a look out. Czechoslovakia again produces a stunning design surely a winner and I bet a delight to fly. Good luck with the scheme being in the decal business I would love to start with your white blank canvass and set to work!!
2soar liked this
A related question: which decals are safe to apply on fabric airplanes, so that you can also remove them nicely without harming the paint and fabric? Since most modern decals (eg 3M) come off with some heat applied, I'm not so sure it's such a good idea for ceconite and other fabrics. Of course, like I've seen on cars, the color around the decals anyway shades in sun, nothing to do there.
MikeB wrote:My secretary's husband did a great job on the decals for my Pioneer (as featured in my Avatar). He runs a business making decals primarily for vans (the vehicles not the aircraft). Based in South Wales so may not be local for you, but there's loads of adverts on Google so I'm sure you could find somebody local.

Sounds interesting, I'm looking for someone in South Wales to create some decals for a Cessna based project. Have you got the details of the company please?

Thanks, Mike.
Sounds interesting, I'm looking for someone in South Wales to create some decals for a Cessna based project. Have you got the details of the company please?

Thanks, Mike.[/quote]

Hi Mike
I used Chillipepper signs in Monmouth to do my Bristell NG5. They came out to my workshop and did good job

Pat
2soar liked this
By MikeB
C172m wrote:Sounds interesting, I'm looking for someone in South Wales to create some decals for a Cessna based project. Have you got the details of the company please?

I'll send you his details by PM later this morning. I can certainly recommend him.