Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By AerBabe
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
There seems to be increasing interest in Flinty's CRM training days, so we've decided to offer two more dates for the south - both at Old Sarum - 8 and 9 April.

A typical day covers:
Introduction to Crew Resource Management
Human Factors
Physiology
Personality
Behaviour
Ergonomics
Errors
Memory
Communication
Stress
Communication
Health
Communication
Threat management
Communication, communication, communication
Emergencies (planned and unplanned)
Strategies for handling emergencies

And for those who are LAA members, attendance can count towards a Bronze, Silver or Gold Wings Award.

The location is the conference room at the Boscombe Down Aviation Collection, at Old Sarum. You will, of course, be welcome to fly in and have a night's free parking if it helps.

Details of timing and costs TBC, but I do need to cover all costs. Anticipate £20-30 to include a buffet lunch, plus tea/coffee/biscuits all day.

If you are interested, please post below and PM your email address, or send an email to info@oldsarumairfield.co.uk
It will be first come first served and open to local flying clubs too. So get your name down quick!
PeteSpencer liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
They kill three birds with one stone. They're informative and thought provoking, they're entertaining and they allow you to meet up with fellow forumites.

These can be counted towards your LAA Wings award.

It's a great day out.

There's a lot on that weekend though, it's the Gazelle bash at Middle Wallop, The Beagle bash at Turweston and the Duxford safety day on the Saturday (8th) and (I think), the faccebook GA group fly-in on the Sunday (9th).
By Dave W
It's Friedrichshafen weekend, also.

I went to one at Farnborough a couple of months ago, otherwise I'd be up for this since it's virtually on my doorstep.

If anybody's reading this and wondering whether to go, I'd echo Paul's comments and say "Don't hesitate". You'll have fun and learn stuff into the bargain.
By Flintstone
Paul_Sengupta wrote:They kill three birds with one stone. They're informative and thought provoking, they're entertaining and they allow you to meet up with fellow forumites.

These can be counted towards your LAA Wings award.

That's five things. :D

C'mon folks. A lot of you asked for summat to be run down that way and Aerbabe's gone to a lot of trouble. It'll probably be the last one of the year as I'll be busy throughout the summer.
By AerBabe
Sadly, we are very unlikely to be able to offer any other dates at Old Sarum...

As it is, we could possibly have four people for a day. That would make the cost around £50 each. Still doable, but it's up to the attendees...
By PeteSpencer
AerBabe wrote:The dark side leaps on anything that looks vaguely like 'advertising' and removes it within seconds. :roll:
They don't realise that it benefits their members!

That's a shame: couldn't they make an exception for one of their famous Alumni?
AerBabe wrote:Sadly, we are very unlikely to be able to offer any other dates at Old Sarum...

As it is, we could possibly have four people for a day. That would make the cost around £50 each. Still doable, but it's up to the attendees...

I could make either day and would like to come if its going to happen.