Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Maxthelion
Get an old second hand pair of Dave Clarkes or similar for £40 and tear out their innards and replace with a set of ANR electronics from here:
http://anrman.co.uk/
The cost of the conversion when I did mine was about £120. You can pay a little more and Richard will do the conversion for you. The reviews have it as being on a par with a Bose X headset. Yes, I know the A20 has been out for a while.
I did it and I've had sterling service from my set for the last 7 years. I think it's still the best value headset going, though you can now buy an ANR headset new for about £200, but I've no idea if they're any good.
By The Other Ian
If you want new, unused, all of the pilot equipment suppliers offer a budget headset like the one Rob P mentioned above from Harry Mendelssohn. All very similar spec and very similar prices:

Harry's HM40 at £118.80.
Pooley's Pa2000 at £117.99.
AFE's ASA Hs1A at £124.96
Transair Ta2000 at £139.95

It really just depends on which supplier you prefer and who offers the best customer service. Like Rob P, I'd recommend Harry - and not just because my offspring happens to work there!

The other option is to look for a more expensive branded headset second-hand. There's usually a few on eBay. Although you may want to invest in new ear covers and mic sock on any used headset.
By AerBabe
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Dave W wrote:Send a PM to Aerbabe - I think she had a couple of second hand (second head?) ones available a few days ago.

He did... Ta!
Dave W liked this