Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
MM
I understand that, but you made the VAT analogy which I don't think is accurate in the respect of the CAA grants.
HMRC is a completely different beast to the CAA.
My point is that HMRC has the resources and power to make corrections at a later date, whereas the CAA don't, and why the CAA want to make sure that a claim is properly valid before making any payments. This is why I agree why we have to jump through one more small hoop.
The world of aviation doesn't follow normal procedures, it is like being in some sort of weird alternate universe sometimes.
If it's too much effort for someone to obtain a receipt of payment or a copy of a bank statement, then they are quite welcome to leave the cash for someone else's 8.33 claim :-)
Edward Hawkins liked this
SL

I'll jump through their hoops. I've been doing it for years and wasted God's knows how much money that I could have better spent on red wine, but you won't convince me to smile as I leap.

I may be wrong about the receipts thing. It depends on the wording of the deal. If the deal is that you get reimbursed for making a purchase then an invoice is adequate. On the other hand if it states you get reimbursed after you have paid for your purchase, then proof of payment is needed. I'd assumed the former was the case but I don't know for sure.

MM
Yes, that's the way I see it too.

It seems in effect to mean that if advance funding is exhausted within a claim period, subsequent claim period(s) will not be activated - with the proviso that eligible claims within a call period not covered by advance funding 'might' still be paid, but at a later date.

All allocated claims that are not able to be paid from this advance EU funding will actually receive their refund at the end of the project. It is anticipated that this will be before May 2018.
garethep wrote:Does anyone know how to find your radio licence customer number? i've got our radio licence in front of me but i'm stumped. I've got a licence number and licensee name / address but no customer number. I'll try the caa tomorrow but maybe someone knows whats needed tonight!

I rung the CAA who were very helpful. I think they are getting lots of practise tracking down customer numbers, and hopefully they will change the licence to show it. The renewal letter could be up to 3 years old...
MercianMarcus wrote:Has anyone been able to undertake the process on a Windows 10 machine.?

After half a dozen attempts I gave up and created a Win7 virtual machine in hyper-v with a clean version of IE and acrobat and that worked OK.

MM

Yes, do as the instructions say and use Internet Explorer (which is on W10 machines) not Edge which is the default W10 browser unless you have changed it.
Stu B wrote:I have now had a reply from "Bob" at CAA to the question I asked - my supplier sends out INVOICES but NOT receipts but the CAA form states you must send a RECEIPT. I asked if it would be acceptable to send in the invoice plus a scan of my bank statement showing my payment transaction which matches the invoice in terms of amount, date and recipient in the payment ref. CAA reply was that this will be adequate.

My supplier is geared up to send a 'paid invoice' document which includes my G-reg.
15m unflapped wrote:
MercianMarcus wrote:Has anyone been able to undertake the process on a Windows 10 machine.?

After half a dozen attempts I gave up and created a Win7 virtual machine in hyper-v with a clean version of IE and acrobat and that worked OK.

MM

Yes, do as the instructions say and use Internet Explorer (which is on W10 machines) not Edge which is the default W10 browser unless you have changed it.

I tried that. When I tried to open the pdf in IE it simply transferred to Edge. Are you saying that didn't happen on your machine?

M
garethep wrote:I managed with win 10 too but it let me stay in IE not edge. If it helps. My default.browser is firefox and edge doesn't get used at all.

I don't think it is the default browser - I use Chrome - but it could be the file association. If I click on a pdf it opens in Edge. I can chose to open in acrobat by right clicking and choosing open with ... but the default is Edge.

I'm sorted now because I used a W7 VM, but if anyone else gets the W10 prob it would be worth trying the file association change.

MM
T67M wrote:Another option is to download the PDF file, the drag it from the file window straight into the IE window. IE then opens the PDF (not Edge, not Acrobat) and all works as advertised - at least it did for me!

I'd tried that too. After dropping onto IE I get a message (in IE) Do you want to open, save or cancel. Click open and it opens in Edge.