Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By CaptChaos
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I had submitted the correctly filled in form via the ipad/Mac route. Just had an email that said unless I had an emailed "E" reference number they were rejecting all claims and it needs to be resubmitted in full in the mk 2 form. I wonder if the the mk 2 will work?

Update
Form 2 is basically the same except guidance and form insists IE is used to submit online. The Mac option has been removed and for Ipad you need full Adobe Acrobat Reader and then email the form. At least I got an E ref when I submitted.
Anyone know how to complete the form for an STC if there is no TSO/ETSO/CAA approval number?

I asked about this using the 833 enquiries email earlier in the week and had no response. I tried Gatwick switchboard phone number and didnt get very far - was put through to a menu service with none of the options seemingly relevant and then got disconnected.
By wigglyamp
GAFlyer4Fun wrote:Anyone know how to complete the form for an STC if there is no TSO/ETSO/CAA approval number?

I asked about this using the 833 enquiries email earlier in the week and had no response. I tried Gatwick switchboard phone number and didnt get very far - was put through to a menu service with none of the options seemingly relevant and then got disconnected.

What 8.33 equipment are you claiming for that doesn't have a TSO/ETSO or in the case of portable equipment, a CAA national approval?
Avidyne IFD440 GPS/Nav/Com which is covered by FAA STC and EASA STC for the aircraft make/model.
It has a list of TSOs but not a single equipment specific TSO.

I have been in contact with the CAA about the difficulty with the form design in this situation and they are looking into it.
MercianMarcus wrote:... If buffoonery were an Olympic sport, the assorted Quangos of the UK would surely win gold.

Organisation puts a form online. Early user experience shows it is unsatisfactory. Organisation takes it down and swiftly puts up another version in response to user complaints.

In the private sector this is called responsiveness to customer feedback; in public sector it is apparently buffoonery. Am I missing something ? :roll:

[oh yes, there is another difference: in private sector organisation may employ trained IT professionals as it sees fit. In UK, in public sector, almost no national-level department or agency is allowed to; IT support must be outsourced because of the well-known efficiencies that brings, by Treasury policy. This means that anyone doing this work inhouse must have been recruited and must now be being employed for some other purpose with some other skills, and must not be being paid for any IT skills]
Public sector organisations can have different IT policies that affects these online forms/applications. We have for example the CAA saying they are only allowing the latest version of Internet Explorer and not the earlier versions citing recommended IT Security reasons, whereas someone at the MetOffice was using IE9 trying to diagnose a multi platform problem I had reported after the upgrade of their GA Met Service (and I was not using any browser that old).
In my experience, even a large private sector IT company can be using a mixed bag of software versions for various reasons even in the same office space.

My point is cannot stereotype or tar them all with the same brush.

Anyway, returning the thread back to the 8.33kHz funding claim form...
kanga wrote:
MercianMarcus wrote:... If buffoonery were an Olympic sport, the assorted Quangos of the UK would surely win gold.

Organisation puts a form online. Early user experience shows it is unsatisfactory. Organisation takes it down and swiftly puts up another version in response to user complaints.

In the private sector this is called responsiveness to customer feedback; in public sector it is apparently buffoonery. Am I missing something ? :roll:

That's not quite right is it. They chose (seemingly after months of quincing about) a solution that was never going to work with the technology that a big proportion of people use.

I was perhaps a bit harsh though. Perhaps I should downgrade their status to "slightly inept." That leaves the status of "utter buffoons" free for the likes of HMRC.

MM
Just a quick question......I have submitted the form and got an automated reply with the form renamed with an "e number" I have replied to this as requested attaching passport and receipt scans but have had no further acnowledgment. Is this normal or has anyone else had any further contact automated or otherwise?
By Ridders
I haven't heard anything since either but I'm not concerned as on the CAA site it states
'Depending on the volume of claims, we will aim to contact you within 21 days of receipt of all your information.'
garethep liked this
I have now had a reply from "Bob" at CAA to the question I asked - my supplier sends out INVOICES but NOT receipts but the CAA form states you must send a RECEIPT. I asked if it would be acceptable to send in the invoice plus a scan of my bank statement showing my payment transaction which matches the invoice in terms of amount, date and recipient in the payment ref. CAA reply was that this will be adequate.