Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
  • 1
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16

When doing circuits, what height setting do you use on your altimeter?

QFE
129
65%
QNH
67
34%
RPS
No votes
0%
I don't look at the altimeter anyway
4
2%
By Joe Dell
#1519252
johnm wrote:
A closer reading of my post would show that I pointed out that VFR circuit flying doesn't really need an altimeter at all,


Time we scrapped published circuit heights as well then. :) Fun flying in the circuit with four or five others. All guessing. :roll:
By johnm
#1519256
Joe Dell wrote:

Time we scrapped published circuit heights as well then.


That is what is known in philosophy as a non-sequitur aka silly idea :D
User avatar
By mick w
#1519259
johnm wrote:
Joe Dell wrote:

Time we scrapped published circuit heights as well then.


That is what is known in philosophy as a non-sequitur aka silly idea :D


But not quite as silly as yours ??. :lol:
User avatar
By Gertie
#1519260
Joe Dell wrote:Fun flying in the circuit with four or five others. All guessing. :roll:

Eg if there's a jet below you and a microlight above you then you might guess that someone hasn't got it quite right :lol: :lol: :lol:
#1519317
Gertie wrote:
Crash one wrote:This is getting as bad as the Downwind turn thread over the road.

Haven't even dared look at that one :D :roll: :lol:


Don't, if you value your sanity
User avatar
By mick w
#1519321
Just had a quick look , & this was the first thing I read .

"
For those not familiar with the Jargon, 'Course' is the track over the ground.
'Heading' is the way the front of the aircraft is pointing. "

?????? Back to the QFE Thread !!!!
#1519334
mick w wrote:Just had a quick look , & this was the first thing I read .

"
For those not familiar with the Jargon, 'Course' is the track over the ground.
'Heading' is the way the front of the aircraft is pointing. "

?????? Back to the QFE Thread !!!!

:lol: Wow, and we thought we had it bad!!
Crash one wrote:This is getting as bad as the Downwind turn thread over the road.

Speaking of which...
Is Farmer Marjocock still active over there?
Bet he doesn't use QFE either...
Waddaya think, Rob P?
  • 1
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16