Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By foxmoth
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Huh??

If you look back on the thread Crash and I had got into a discussion which I think was why people (who should have just skipped over the thread if it upset them) were calling for it to be closed. His last was the one before mine.
foxmoth wrote:
Huh??

If you look back on the thread Crash and I had got into a discussion which I think was why people (who should have just skipped over the thread if it upset them) were calling for it to be closed.

:thumright:
By Paul_Sengupta
AlanB wrote:I never understand how people can 'inadvertently' fly into cloud. ...etc

Wasn't this posted on the first page? :clown: Maybe not by Alan. Round, like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel...

flyingeeza wrote:I always bank before I yank. Maintains the airspeed better... :clown:

When doing a run in and break, you want to do both at the same time, or yank first then bank.

Of course you wouldn't do it just below the cloudbase, and you'd want to try and avoid going in at the top as well...

Anyway, this argument is a bit silly.

"I'm going to buy insurance."
"Why?"
"In case I crash."
"But just don't crash."
"But I might, I'm not going to crash deliberately."
"Well you should see it coming and avoid it."
"I might crash inadvertently."
"But you'd only do so by your own actions. Don't do those actions and you won't crash."

etc.
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
flyingeeza wrote:I always bank before I yank. Maintains the airspeed better... :clown:

When doing a run in and break, you want to do both at the same time, or yank first then bank.

Run (in?) and break?
Oh, you mean a posh beatup? :roll:
Banking and yanking at the same time could over-stress the airframe, like pulling hard out of a spiral dive and trying to level the wings at the same time?
Bad practice innit.
By Paul_Sengupta
flyingeeza wrote:Oh, you mean a posh beatup? :roll:

Yep, best way to separate a formation after a display.

flyingeeza wrote:Banking and yanking at the same time could over-stress the airframe, like pulling hard out of a spiral dive and trying to level the wings at the same time?

Yes, indeed, and you could also stall in from low level if you overcook it, or come to grief in all sorts of ways including hitting another aeroplane in the formation. This is why I will only do 5 second breaks, not 3 second ones.

flyingeeza wrote:Bad practice innit.

No.
Last edited by Paul_Sengupta on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyingeeza liked this
By foxmoth
"But just don't crash."
"But I might, I'm not going to crash deliberately."
"Well you should see it coming and avoid it."
"I might crash inadvertently."
"But you'd only do so by your own actions. Don't do those actions and you won't crash."

etc.

AIUI that was Crash Ones argument!

Oops, sorry!