Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Kemble Pitts
Needing to replace the radio in the Jodel with an 8.33 kHz unit I'm looking at the following options that I'd like user feedback on please.

Ideally I'd like the radio to also include a four place intercom so that I can save panel space and simplify the installation.

The lower priced options that I've found are:

Becker AR6201-022
Dittel KRT2
Funkwerk ATR833
Trig TY91

If anybody has any user feedback, especially if it offers comparisons between some of these options then I'd be pleased to hear.

Thanks

(Originally posted in the Technical section but moved here as more appropriate).
By Marvin
four place intercome

I have the ATR833 OELD and it only has inputs for two mics so a two place I/c unless you start doing something fancy with audio mixing.

I happen to have the TTY91 install manual and that Also has only two mic inputs.
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
That's strange. The manual says:

• 4 microphone inputs (2 x standard, 2 x dynamic)
• Voice controlled intercom for up to 4 microphones, can be deactivated for use with external intercom

]
By Marvin
patowalker wrote:That's strange. The manual says:

• 4 microphone inputs (2 x standard, 2 x dynamic)
• Voice controlled intercom for up to 4 microphones, can be deactivated for use with external intercom

]

Yes indeed it has but they are two different type of microphone.

Just read the manual again and you may be right. It quotes:

Para 2.8.4 Per microphone input a maximum of two parallel installed microphones can be connected. That statement is also repeated in Par 3.6.1 Microphone Connection.

It would mean IMHO that a passenger mic would also be live Tx when the P1 or P2 position which means the Passenger would need to mind their p&q's.

I would try an get hold of a soft copy of the manual of the operation and installation manual of the model you are interested in and ask the supplier the question to get confirmation.

From a user perspective I have no issues with the model I have at all. The only issue I do have is that he monitoring of the second freq in standby is a little week and Ive not found a menu item to increase the volume.
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
"Per microphone input a maximum of two parallel installed microphones may be connected. (see 4.6.1)"

There are two mic inputs and two mics per input makes four mics. I fly a two- seater, so not affected anyway. :)
By Kemble Pitts
Rod1

How are you finding the Trig in use? Easy, irritating, etc? Any good or bad comments? Are you using the intercom facility? Any good?

When fitting in the Jodel did you split the unit and mount the radio itself remotely or what?

Thanks
By Marvin
I have the AT833 fitted in a Europa and it works fine. Intercoms works ok and fox setting keeps out the cockpit noise.

In 833 mode changing frequencies takes a lot of tuns but I have set up common frequencies in the memory function and this takes away that problem.

Reception and transmission clear.

I have an earlier firmware version and don't appear to have any means of adjusting the volume of the dual watch frequency, which is a bit low, but later models appear to have this menu function available.

Overall pleased