Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Melanie Moxon
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The weather looked a bit iffy and one of my pax decided he was going to get a cold so rather than take one of the couple flying I drove over the bridge to Humberside and did 3 circuits in the HFCs C172 as it turns out it would have been fine for a short local sight seeing flight.

My next flight (if the weather allows) is going to be the first of my night qualification training flights next week :D
By Brad2523
I'm a bit late to this party, but just joined a new group and would you believe found a gap in the weather to squeeze in 2 circuits at my new base airfield for familiarisation this morning. Vis was good enough, 9kts straight down the runway. About 20 mins after landing it was raining and the windsock was horizontal... perfect timing!

First 2017 date in the log book, even if it was just for 30 mins, new aerodrome in the book too! Can't wait for this rubbish weather to blow through to get some more in...

:thumleft:
By JSAG
5th Jan. Beautiful CAVOK. Fairoaks to Dunkeswell C172 at 10,000ft.
It still seemed keen to climb at 500fpm.
Could see over the Bristol channel to the Welsh coast to starboard and the Devon coast to port. Always wanted to try a climb but either the wx or TMAs always got in the way.
A record for me and a flying start to 2017.
By FairoaksFlyer
An instructor assessment, which the candidate passed. Happy day. Now we just need to find a couple more...
By Rob P
Two flights on Tuesday (10th) to Hatz's fly-in at Old Warden.

Fair enough, the organiser didn't manage to arrive. But Neil of this parish did which, in my book, makes it a fly-in.

Just over 30 minutes out, just under 30 minutes back, so a full hour in the book before we go AOG while the panel is fettled.

Rob P
By AndyR
Doesn't count as it's not loggable but the first flight of the year was yesterday Fri 13th Jan.

Cessna 208 Seaplane. Sydney northern beaches and harbour.

That'll stay with me for a while. 8)

Now, where do I get a seaplane rating in a Beaver? :D
Paul_Sengupta, Iceman liked this
By Josh
Kenmore air near Seattle. Have had float intros arranged all 3 times I've been and the weather has been typically appalling every time.
By AndyR
Amusing myself between my second and third flight of the year. Sadly also commercial. Just done 9 hours, next is 13 hours & 20 minutes.

Getting really bad urge to actually fly (in control).

Sounds like there really are places to get some Beaver time then 8)
By leiafee
Only now manged it!

Dragged off into the air on ridiculously long soggy grass (how I long the X'Air's short field performance!)

But was a super cold clear day up over the hills and back to a if-I-say-it-myself a greaser of a crosswind landing.

Big grin which rather froze solid before landing, my face is still thawing and I was breathing huge clouds of steam into the pod, but gosh it was good to be back up.

mick w, Cessna57, flyingeeza and 1 others liked this
By Cessna57
Aargh, still waiting to post on this thread after being ill enough to sign myself off non flyable for about 10 days in January and then being thwarted by high winds or cloud the other times I have tried.

Next week I'm considering working from the airfield and flying the minute there's any break in the weather!
leiafee liked this